Question RAM OC causes pink screen in Windows ?

Feb 12, 2021
hello guys, I've been trying to overclock 2x8 Vengeance LPX 2666 Micron B-die ( CMK16GX4M2Z2666C16 ) on a b550m pro 4 + 4650G without any success at all whatever I do.

updated BIOS, tried XMP and setting 1.35-1.40V, tried manually setting timings with the calculator, tried various clock speeds from 2800, 2933 to 3200 and the system boots but ALWAYS looks like this View: https://imgur.com/a/CvhkF0X

it boots till 3000 but looks all pink when windows pops up after the loading icon like the pic above, any higher and I have to reset the cmos.
so even the lowest of OCs looks pink and fuzzy, I'm lost here tried researching and while I know artifacts and weird things happen with unstable memory, I couldnt find any case similar to mine.
currently on stock and everything is fine..

does someone know what's causing this?

Last edited:
Have you tried running any memory testers at stock and then when overclocked to make sure the memory is good and stable? The CPU you have supports up to 3200MHz so OCing to that should be good. But the pink is most likely from the iGPU thats using the same memory. It may not like the clock speed or timings.

Feb 12, 2021
Have you tried running any memory testers at stock and then when overclocked to make sure the memory is good and stable? The CPU you have supports up to 3200MHz so OCing to that should be good. But the pink is most likely from the iGPU thats using the same memory. It may not like the clock speed or timings.
It may not like? How so?

Feb 12, 2021
you reckon that if I get 3000/3200 rated memory it will work normally?

Feb 12, 2021
I remembered trying to boot windows in safe mode after making a simple 2933mhz OC, Soc V, dram V and 2 stability options .. no timings changed only XMP profile of the kit

it worked, boot normally in safe mode without pink screen and system is normal, 2933mhz shows in task manager

I'm even more confused now, can it be a driver issue or something? lol

Feb 12, 2021
so for anyone interested I reinstalled windows and it worked, no pink screen at 2933mhz.

updated Windows and installed latest RECOMMENDED driver from AMD and still works.

then inside the AMD software when I updated to latest driver (21.2.2) which is the version that AMD says it's optional on their website, the screen turned pink and strange like the pic on 1st post.

driver issue confirmed, gonna reinstall windows again so everything is fresh and won't be using 21.2.2, will wait for bug fixes or when a newer version comes out.

still very strange tho, does anyone know why?

Jan 2, 2019
so for anyone interested I reinstalled windows and it worked, no pink screen at 2933mhz.

updated Windows and installed latest RECOMMENDED driver from AMD and still works.

then inside the AMD software when I updated to latest driver (21.2.2) which is the version that AMD says it's optional on their website, the screen turned pink and strange like the pic on 1st post.

driver issue confirmed, gonna reinstall windows again so everything is fresh and won't be using 21.2.2, will wait for bug fixes or when a newer version comes out.

still very strange tho, does anyone know why?
Hi! I'm experiencing a similar problem after I changed my cpu and mobo. Mine is pink during post and works normally in windows. I might reinstall if I won't find any solutions online
pmUXu5bZj
pogIS9X4j