[SOLVED] RAM only overclocking

Spysoaa

Commendable
Sep 6, 2019
Hi, I just bought Ryzen 3000 cpu, want to overclock my crucial bare RAM, but i do not want to void any warranty (cpu, Mainboard, etc) except RAM,
Can someone please help me with overclocking ram only without touching anything else? Using xmp if possible
Thanks in advance

Solution
Your ram's maximum speed is 2666 which is standard base clock for your motherboard so shouldn't need to set D.O.C.P (Asus's XMP equivalent) to enable 2666 afaik.

If you need to, it'll be here in the bios under Ai Overclock Tuner > set to D.O.C.P and select ram speed in the drop down menu below. Ai Overclock Tuner on auto should allow your ram to run at 2666 though, so we'll see.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9aLzAvODQ2MjUyL29yaWdpbmFsL1JPRy1TdHJpeC1YNTcwLUUtR2FtaW5nXzAxLnBuZw==

Ram bought faster than 2666, then yea that's when XMP/D.O.C.P is used to overclock ram above base clock to the memory's XMP profile. I don't think your ram has an XMP profile, could be wrong. Can find that out in...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Your ram's maximum speed is 2666 which is standard base clock for your motherboard so shouldn't need to set D.O.C.P (Asus's XMP equivalent) to enable 2666 afaik.

If you need to, it'll be here in the bios under Ai Overclock Tuner > set to D.O.C.P and select ram speed in the drop down menu below. Ai Overclock Tuner on auto should allow your ram to run at 2666 though, so we'll see.

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9aLzAvODQ2MjUyL29yaWdpbmFsL1JPRy1TdHJpeC1YNTcwLUUtR2FtaW5nXzAxLnBuZw==

Ram bought faster than 2666, then yea that's when XMP/D.O.C.P is used to overclock ram above base clock to the memory's XMP profile. I don't think your ram has an XMP profile, could be wrong. Can find that out in a utility called CPUz > under SPD tab.

Example of CPUz SPD tab: fourth column in the Timings Table, this particular ram has an XMP profile embedded in the ram that CPUz is reading. If your memory read's XMP-2666 then D.O.C.P will have to be enabled.
attachment.php

Reactions: Spysoaa and DMAN999
Solution

Spysoaa

Commendable
Sep 6, 2019

Ram bought faster than 2666, then yea that's when XMP/D.O.C.P is used to overclock ram above base clock to the memory's XMP profile. I don't think your ram has an XMP profile, could be wrong. Can find that out in a utility called CPUz > under SPD tab.

Example of CPUz SPD tab: fourth column in the Timings Table, this particular ram has an XMP profile embedded in the ram that CPUz is reading. If your memory read's XMP-2666 then D.O.C.P will have to be enabled.
attachment.php
Thanks a lot, really really appreciate it!