[SOLVED] Ram or SSD

messenger782

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
so i want to buy more ram because i only have 8gb and i need an ssd because i dont have one and i can only afford one for now but which one is more important for gaming
and i will buy the other in month or two
and please help me choose an ssd that is under 100$ in newegg

Solution

Unless your HDD is dying I don't think a SSD is going to help with FPS dips. If it was texture pop ins then a SSD may help.
Jan 28, 2019
Depends on the games you play, ssd won't get you more fps, but it may load some textures faster, while ram will be useful only if your games are using more then you have.

messenger782

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

basically the games i play are LoL Fortnite Rainbow6 Pubg

in fortnite i get some huge fps drops idk why but i mainly play LoL

SSD will basically speed up ANYTHING that you do with the system - Windows loading times, app responsiveness, game load times, etc.

If you're running out of RAM while in game, and the computer starts paging out to the swap file while trying to load new textures, etc, that may cause stutters. Generally, 8 GB is enough for gaming if you close background stuff.

messenger782

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

i dont think so because the dips happen most of the time in the first game after i run fortnite and after a couple of games it goes super smooth
i asked about it a lot said its beacuse the hdd

messenger782

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

i dont think so because the dips happen most of the time in the first game after i run fortnite and after a couple of games it goes super smooth
i asked about it a lot said its beacuse the hdd

WildCard999

Titan

Unless your HDD is dying I don't think a SSD is going to help with FPS dips. If it was texture pop ins then a SSD may help.

Solution