Question Ram pair compatibility help

Since they are relatively low speed modules they will "probably" work but you should be very much aware of the potential for incompatibility with ANY sticks that did not all come together in one memory kit. Please read the second section titled "Mixed memory" at the following link. This will offer a better understanding of the answer to your question than typing a long reply here.

They should be fine. I actually have two difference sets of RAM in my PC. I have 16GB of Team Vulcan Black and 16GB of AData XPG. Both are DDR4-3200 and not only do they both work, they both run at their full rated speeds of 3200MHz.

They should be fine. I actually have two difference sets of RAM in my PC. I have 16GB of Team Vulcan Black and 16GB of AData XPG. Both are DDR4-3200 and not only do they both work, they both run at their full rated speeds of 3200MHz.
Just because something works in one case, yours, doesn't mean it's going to for the next person. There is a very specific reason I included an entire section on the problems with using mixed memory in my memory guide. It's because, a LOT of people do NOT have the success you have had. It greatly depends on many factors including the speed of the memory (Kits that are within JEDEC spec tend to have a much higher probability of working together than those which are higher speed XMP/A-XMP/AMP/OC configurations, which isn't to say they CAN'T work together, only that the chances of problems increase significantly when you go outside JEDEC spec with mixed RAM configurations), the timings (Including secondary and tertiary timings), what ICs are used on a given module, what motherboard and CPU are in use and how many DIMMs are installed.

Simply saying "They should be fine because my sample of one worked" is generally not great advice. Anybody with a modicum of experience with memory configurations will always tell you "maybe" in any situation where mixed memory is a question mark. There is only ONE way that is guaranteed and that is to buy a kit that comes with ALL of the memory you require, in a single kit, that has been fully tested together for compatibility. In some cases, even memory that came off the exact same production run won't work together properly, which is why it is tested before it ever leaves the factory.

Just because something works in one case, yours, doesn't mean it's going to for the next person. There is a very specific reason I included an entire section on the problems with using mixed memory in my memory guide. It's because, a LOT of people do NOT have the success you have had. It greatly depends on many factors including the speed of the memory (Kits that are within JEDEC spec tend to have a much higher probability of working together than those which are higher speed XMP/A-XMP/AMP/OC configurations, which isn't to say they CAN'T work together, only that the chances of problems increase significantly when you go outside JEDEC spec with mixed RAM configurations), the timings (Including secondary and tertiary timings), what ICs are used on a given module, what motherboard and CPU are in use and how many DIMMs are installed.

Simply saying "They should be fine because my sample of one worked" is generally not great advice. Anybody with a modicum of experience with memory configurations will always tell you "maybe" in any situation where mixed memory is a question mark. There is only ONE way that is guaranteed and that is to buy a kit that comes with ALL of the memory you require, in a single kit, that has been fully tested together for compatibility. In some cases, even memory that came off the exact same production run won't work together properly, which is why it is tested before it ever leaves the factory.
I said that he "should" be ok. I'm not going to lie and make guarantees. I used my own case scenario because, as you pointed out, slower RAM tends to be a lot less finicky so if I got two 16GB sets of DDR4-3200 to work together at their full speed, I have little doubt that two 8GB sticks of DDR4-2400 will work together, even if they have to clock down a bit to do so. I don't have zero doubt (because anything is possible) but the odds are the OP's favour.

My post was not really much different from yours so I don't know what's got you all wound up.

I'm not wound up. It's just that "they will probably work" and "they should be fine" are a bit different, especially when you add your own experience with a sample of one as proof that "they should be fine". It's fine to say something will "probably" or "likely" work, but when there is a fairly good chance of them not, which there ALWAYS is when you start mixing DIMMs together, it's also ALWAYS a good idea to clarify that the potential for problems is there so that somebody doesn't literally take your statement to mean it IS going to work. That's all I'm saying.