Question RAM performing way below expectations (UserBenchmark)

Aug 26, 2019
UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 89.7%
GPU: AMD RX 580 - 58.7%
HDD: SABRENT 1TB - 692.7%
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 52.7%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

So this is my benchmark, it looks like my RAM is performing way under expectations. I know that a lot of people overclock RAM, but is this percentile normal? Clock speed is 1066.5 MHz in CPU-Z. I switched to XMP mode in BIOS and selected the one profile it showed me, but CPU-Z still shows the same speed. New to this! Thank you!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly, are you actually having any real world performance problems? If not, don't worry!
Remember when you're using Userbenchmark, it's also comparing yours to lots of others with a different setup, with difference overclocks etc. So it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Secondly, your RAM is only running 2133. You'd have to ensure the proper XMP profile is selected in the BIOS or better yet overclock it manually.

Reactions: instructionmanual
Aug 26, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly, are you actually having any real world performance problems? If not, don't worry!
Remember when you're using Userbenchmark, it's also comparing yours to lots of others with a different setup, with difference overclocks etc. So it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Secondly, your RAM is only running 2133. You'd have to ensure the proper XMP profile is selected in the BIOS or better yet overclock it manually.

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm not sure if I'm seeing actual performance issues, I guess, since I'm not sure how different my performance would be if the RAM was at proper speed. I did try setting the XMP profile, but the profile drop-down menu only shows one option, which does say 3200. I'm not sure why the actual speed isn't changing, though! Hmm. Thanks for your quick response :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I'm not sure if I'm seeing actual performance issues, I guess, since I'm not sure how different my performance would be if the RAM was at proper speed. I did try setting the XMP profile, but the profile drop-down menu only shows one option, which does say 3200. I'm not sure why the actual speed isn't changing, though! Hmm. Thanks for your quick response :)
You may be better manually setting the timing yourself and then retesting. Also if you don't have latest BIOS this can make some XMP difficult.

I believe you may be able to set the RAM speed in Ryzen Master also.

Aug 26, 2019
You may be better manually setting the timing yourself and then retesting. Also if you don't have latest BIOS this can make some XMP difficult.

I believe you may be able to set the RAM speed in Ryzen Master also.

Awesome! I'll give this a shot later today. I thought I had the latest BIOS but I'll have to check again.

Thanks again :)

Aug 26, 2019
Back at my computer now, do you have any suggestions for what settings to put the RAM at in my B450-F bios? I can't seem to find a RAM section in Ryzen Master, but perhaps I'm not reading it right.

Thank you very much in advance! :)