RAM problem Help

shea300

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
Can some one please tell me whats going on with my computer , this doesn't seem right and my computer is running like crap. I have the good G.Skill RAM in
Ram%20problem_zpsruhrsa04.png
stalled.

Also click on the arrow in the memory box, this will flip the chart over and list the programs that is using the most memory first, and look at what program/s are using that much memory. This is where to start in search of your answer.

Please give a screen capture of the task manager in this view also so we can look for our selves to help you.

Am I reading that right 8Gb of main system memory.
Available physical memory 82.0 MB.

With 96% memory utilization.

You have a few things running there on startup I would say.

By look of it a lot of programs set to auto run after windows has loaded.

Go to your start bar, click on it.
In your search box type: msconfig, and press enter.
Click on the start up tab on the new box that opens.

In there is a list of all the programs set to auto load and run after windows os.
Un tick them, and click ok or apply.

Restart your computer, let it load up and check how much available free memory you have then and see if your memory utilization has lowered.

Is windows slow to respond when you click on things ?
If it is it`s because you have loads of programs wanting to auto run, each one is stealing system ram.

Just as an edit to this Because this is Win 10 the startup menu that you would use is in the task manager. The way Shaun o mentioned is good for win Vista and win 7. Windows 8, 8.1 and win 10 the startup menu was incorporated in the task manager.

shea300

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
RAm%202.0_zpsfz4e4z1v.png

Yea you're reading that right , that's why I think something is completely screwed up. I have top of the line specs as of last year and this problem is recent , my processes don't use nearly close to all the ram normally , somewhere around 40% when the pc is being good. I have windows installed on a top of the line SSD so it feels snappy when I dont try to make it do anything new ( I can watch movies and everything) the problem is when I try to type sometimes it has an input lag of 7 seconds , opening new windows and programs stresses it but once everything is loaded it goes back to being snappy on that particular program / web page.

shea300

Honorable
Sep 20, 2014
Ram%203.0_zps18gqwujd.png
Am I reading that right 8Gb of main system memory.
Available physical memory 82.0 MB.

With 96% memory utilization.

You have a few things running there on startup I would say.

By look of it a lot of programs set to auto run after windows has loaded.

Go to your start bar, click on it.
In your search box type: msconfig, and press enter.
Click on the start up tab on the new box that opens.

In there is a list of all the programs set to auto load and run after windows os.
Un tick them, and click ok or apply.

Restart your computer, let it load up and check how much available free memory you have then and see if your memory utilization has lowered.

Is windows slow to respond when you click on things ?
If it is it`s because you have loads of programs wanting to auto run, each one is stealing system ram.

[/quotemsg]

This is it normally , about 10 minutes after start up.