Question Crazy fan and sudden shut down.

ozzi3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
I have an old PC with two SSDs. It started being noisy on booting since a couple months ago. But I added one more SSD. The case only has one main fan. It keeps being noisy the same way, except this time the PC shuts down all of sudden before reaching the windows logo. I'm not sure if it's a cooling problem that I need to add more fans or maybe something else like the power supply. A help would be so much appreciated -- without a suggestion for upgrading (not an option for me right now). BTW, I use a 600 watt cooler master.

ozzi3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
Probably.
Check temperatures in BIOS.
Check if all fans are spinning.

Can you show a photo of your system with side panel removed?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

List full specs of your system.
Will do ASAP. I tried to reset it back to my last workable setting with just two SSDs. But it shutdowns too. I don't understand. Everything was fine before I installed in the new SSD.

ozzi3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
Probably unrelated to SSD
(unless the SSD is damaged or cables connecting it).
And it also took 4 minutes to boot before this happened.

P. S:
I have to add. After removing the ssd, i managed to get in and continuing reinstalling windows. But now (with ISO installation), that when it starts to shutdown.

Last edited:
That software you're using, is giving obviously wrong temperature readings.
To achieve 25C on CPU, your room temperature would need to be 10C (or below).

60C is more believable.
Replace CPU thermal paste.

And try a different software for temperature monitoring - HWinfo64, HWMonitor, Coretemp.

ozzi3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2014
That software you're using, is giving obviously wrong temperature readings.
To achieve 25C on CPU, your room temperature would need to be 10C (or below).

60C is more believable.
Replace CPU thermal paste.

And try a different software for temperature monitoring - HWinfo64, HWMonitor, Coretemp.
Thermal paste has been replaced prior. The temp is i don't think misleading because this is on idle. I don't hear any loud noise except when booting.