[SOLVED] Ram query for Ryzen 7 2700 with MSI B450 Tomohawk

pell380

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
i am planning to buy ryzen 7 2700 with msi b450 tomohawk during ram selection i can not find supported ram types list on the supported list of motherboard but shop keepers are saying that they have sold systems with these ram and mobo and there were no issues

please suggest what to do as i was intel user before and i never checked ram compatibility in such detail i only look for ram mhz speed and ddr type

i can found these 2 rams both shop keepers are saying they have sold these ram for ryzen systems and there were no issues what do guide me

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W

CMR16GX4M2D3000C16

Solution
In theory every ram kit will work on that board. The purpose of the QVL is to show that the board maker has worked with these ram kits/sticks to ensure that they work out of the box. If board makers tested every ram kit out there, they would run out of space uploading revised data sheets and ofc their labs will be overrun with ram kits.

You should ideally pick out a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit. regardless of capacity, i.e 2x4/2x8/2x16.

Lutfij

Titan
In theory every ram kit will work on that board. The purpose of the QVL is to show that the board maker has worked with these ram kits/sticks to ensure that they work out of the box. If board makers tested every ram kit out there, they would run out of space uploading revised data sheets and ofc their labs will be overrun with ram kits.

You should ideally pick out a DDR4-3200MHz dual channel ram kit. regardless of capacity, i.e 2x4/2x8/2x16.

Solution

pell380

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011

thank you for the help