Question RAM related BSODs with no fix

Apr 15, 2021
Back in November I did a big PC upgrade where I bought a pair of Kingston Hyperx 3200mhz 8gb ram. It worked pretty well, had no problems enabing docp at 3200mhz.

A couple months ago I decided to upgrade to 32gb, and bought the exact same pair from a different website that had it in stock. Right after installing it, I started getting crashes, until I decided to turn it down to 3000mhz, ran the quick Windows memory test and got no errors and no crashes ever since.

For the past few days, I've started getting memory related BSOD "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area", "attempted_write_to_readonly_memory".
I ran the windows memory test, and it said that there was a problem with my memory now. So I downloaded memtest86, and ran it with only one stick installed in my pc at a time and came out with no errors.
But I still keep getting these BSOD crashes.
I've tried running my PC with just the original pair of memory installed and got no crashes, I haven't tried doing the same with just the new pair.

I've tried some other basic troubleshooting but with no fix unfortunately. What could be really causing these errors and is there some way I can fix them?

Apr 15, 2021
This needs to happen first. It could be an incompatibility issue with the different kits, even if they're from the same manufacturer and have the same specs.
I knew that different ram kits can sometimes not mix well, that's why I bought the same kit. I didn't think that two different pairs of the same model and manufacturer would not mix. I'll give it a look tomorrow to see the numbers on the modules.

Apr 15, 2021
If this is the case, why would it have been working fine for the past couple months and only started causing issues now?

Also, I'm guessing there's nothing I can do to "fix" this other than return it and purchase another one hoping it has the same chip?

Apr 15, 2021
What is the numbers on the 4 ram modules? Maybe they have defrent dies

This is the picture of the two different sticks. View: http://imgur.com/a/BEbgG74

They seem to have the same model number, but one was assembled in China and the other in Taiwan, and the number that is different I don't know what it means, I guess it might be the die.
I just realized now after looking at this that yesterday I must've mixed them up and had two sticks in my pc all day, one from the new one and one from the old one, and had no crashes oddly enough. Just get crashes when I put all 4 together.

MonsterMaxx

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
Have you run Memtest 86 on each stick? This is a slow process, but is the necessary first step.
Reset your bios to default. Check in the manual which slot a single stick goes in. put one stick in there and run Memtest. Repeat on each stick.

If you get any errors, you have found the problem, at the end of the test you'll have an option to save the report, do that and submit an RMA.
If you get no errors, try again at advertised speeds.

Time consuming, but the only way to really know if you have a problem in the memory.

Apr 15, 2021
Have you run Memtest 86 on each stick? This is a slow process, but is the necessary first step.
Reset your bios to default. Check in the manual which slot a single stick goes in. put one stick in there and run Memtest. Repeat on each stick.

If you get any errors, you have found the problem, at the end of the test you'll have an option to save the report, do that and submit an RMA.
If you get no errors, try again at advertised speeds.

Time consuming, but the only way to really know if you have a problem in the memory.
I mentioned in the post, I already ran memtest86 with each stick, all passed with no errors.

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Maybe degradation, i dont have a direct answer, we are going through the obviuos diagnostics to get to the problem. Perhaps you can test the ram in a friends pc. Have you tried to oc the ram or up the voltage by 0.01v?