Ram should work

Ixxtab

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
So, I just got some new memory for my PC. First off, this is the RAM: F3-12800CL9Q-16GBSR
And my Mobo: P7P55D Pro

Everything I have seen makes it look like this memory should work. On the G Skill site, it does list this memory under compatible for my motherboard.

So, the issue: When I put in the ram, it comes up with the initial screen that says 'press del for bios' or whatever. It does not go past that screen into the normal POST. I tried going into the bios, but pressing the button does nothing. It will not go past that screen.

I have tried it with each single stick individually in each slot, as well as trying various configurations of 2, 3, and all four sticks. It seems odd to me that none of them work - could it be that all four sticks are DOA, or could it be another issue?

Ixxtab

Reputable
Oct 5, 2015
I updated the bios a couple of weeks ago - it's still the latest version. I cleared CMOS, same thing.

I did actually get it to POST with one stick of the new memory (I tried a few of them, I think any single stick acts the same), but it froze when trying to load windows.

Using one new memory module (or if necessary by using some other memory), go into BIOS and manually set the DRAM voltage to 1.55 V, and maybe set the frequency manually to 1600 MHz, and (principle) timings to 9-9-9-24.

Then try the modules again (one at a time or in any combination). If necessary raise the DRAM voltage again to 1.60 V if there are still issues.