[SOLVED] RAM showing 2133 mhz instead of 3200 mhz in bios

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
So i opened my (gigabyte) bios today to set up some fan speed and just clicked on the memory sections to check stuff out.. Turns out the ram memory is showing 2133 mhz instead of 3200 mhz i have a dual channel corsair vengeance lpx 2*8 gb 3200 mhz each... and i m disturbed at the fact that i might be scammed or something
My rest specs are: i7-9700k, gigabyte z390 aorus ultra motherboard
rtx 2070 gaming oc gigabyte

Solution
Have you enabled XMP in the BIOS?

DDR4 will run at the JEDEC standard of 2133-2400MHz out of the box, with enabling XMP required to actually get the listed timings....

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
Have you enabled XMP in the BIOS?

DDR4 will run at the JEDEC standard of 2133-2400MHz out of the box, with enabling XMP required to actually get the listed timings....
Yes remembered that it was DDR4, But i m kind of afraid because last time i tried something in the bios i messed up pretty badly.. (dont wanna talk abt that) so i have now set xmp to profile 1, should i leave everything to auto? should i do something else?

Dillusion

Prominent
Jun 1, 2019
Save a profile before you change anything. Can always load up that if it gets messed up.
I would also like to mentioned that in frequency greyed out section it was written
memory frquency 3200mhz 2133mhz
So i just realised that i had been playing on my pc for about 1 month with 2 underclocked rams.. any idea what changes am I gonna notice?

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
I would also like to mentioned that in frequency greyed out section it was written
memory frquency 3200mhz 2133mhz
So i just realised that i had been playing on my pc for about 1 month with 2 underclocked rams.. any idea what changes am I gonna notice?
Never owned an Intel system, not familiar with how it reacts to RAM speed. I know it is less relevant than on Ryzen.
Probably gain some FPS.