[SOLVED] RAM shows 4GB reserved out of 8GB installed ?

Apr 9, 2021
hello everyone i have pc
mobo= gigabyte g41mt-s2pt rev1.1
8gb ram ddr3 1333mhz (2 sticks gb)
intel core duo e7400 2.80ghz
500gb hdd
GT 710 2GB gpu
now the problem is.... even in cpuz it says i have 4 ram slots but mobo have only 2, then each ram stick reads only 2gb each, and sends half to hardware reserved
cpuz shows same. i tried page filing and other diys but nothing helpful and funny thing... my memory dont have xmp profile so... idk what to do

artk2219

Distinguished
hello everyone i have pc
mobo= gigabyte g41mt-s2pt rev1.1
8gb ram ddr3 1333mhz (2 sticks gb)
intel core duo e7400 2.80ghz
500gb hdd
GT 710 2GB gpu
now the problem is.... even in cpuz it says i have 4 ram slots but mobo have 2 then each ram stick reads only 2gb each, and sends half to hardware reserved
cpuz shows same. i tried page filing and other diys but nothing helpful and funny thing... my memory dont have xmp profile so... idk what to do

What operating system are you running? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

ben001

Distinguished
According to your motherboard manual, it does support up to 8GB of system memory with a maximum of 1333mhz frequency. Check in your BIOS, select Advanced tab - chipset - look for memory remap feature if it's disabled. You will need to enable and save that feature to make full use of your installed RAM.

If not, we will assess your problem accordingly.

Last edited:
Reactions: QUINCY2ndboi

ben001

Distinguished
Did you added the other 4GB memory stick recently or it was there since you built your system?. Please check to verify if your BIOS is showing a full 8192 MB.

In most cases, updating a BIOS is not needed if a system is running stable or without any problem. I might have a feeling, you need to update your BIOS to make that feature visible and especially if you have installed any new hardware recently.

Apr 9, 2021
Did you added the other 4GB memory stick recently or it was there since you built your system?. Please check to verify if your BIOS is showing a full 8192 MB.

In most cases, updating a BIOS is not needed if a system is running stable or without any problem. I might have a feeling, you need to update your BIOS to make that feature visible and especially if you have installed any new hardware recently.
umm even bios read 2gb from 4gb ram sticks ;-; , idk man im lost :( total 4000 somthing mb always it shows and yes. both ram sticks are new so :C maybe hardware change

Apr 9, 2021
its
Seems we either have 2x2GB of memory installed, or incompatible "high density" memory that the old chipset can't fully use.
its 1333mhz memory tho :C as it says... cause when i went to vendor near my area or city, he had 1600 and the system wont event boot so.... it should be less then 1600 thats why it even boots and works but never takes full storage or usage of ram instead it shows hardware reserved 4gb in task manager