Question Ram Slots B1 and B2 dont work after cpu upgrade

Mar 24, 2024
Hello, I bought a Ryzen 5 5600 processor yesterday and installed it. At first it didn't work and I disassembled the processor. When I disassembled it, 2 pins were bent. I fixed these pins. (They are all very smooth now) After this stage, I reassembled them. However, when I insert any RAM into the b1-b2 slot, I have no screen. I suspected the CPU and installed my old processor. And the result did not change again. In my old processor, the ram did not work in b1-b2 slots. Slots that worked until yesterday are not working now. What should I do ? My old processor: Ryzen 5 1600, my new processor: Ryzen 5 5600, my motherboard: Asus Prime B350m-A

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
Hello, I bought a Ryzen 5 5600 processor yesterday and installed it. At first it didn't work and I disassembled the processor. When I disassembled it, 2 pins were bent. I fixed these pins. (They are all very smooth now) After this stage, I reassembled them. However, when I insert any RAM into the b1-b2 slot, I have no screen. I suspected the CPU and installed my old processor. And the result did not change again. In my old processor, the ram did not work in b1-b2 slots. Slots that worked until yesterday are not working now. What should I do ? My old processor: Ryzen 5 1600, my new processor: Ryzen 5 5600, my motherboard: Asus Prime B350m-A
If I understand the MB manual correctly, the recommended RAM configuration is A2 and B2 (from page 1-12).

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
So what do you suggest I do?
Not knowing how comfortable you are working on it, I would recommend taking it to a shop. If it were mine, I think at this point, I would spray some contact cleaner on the socket. But the best option would be to take it to a shop where they have parts that can be substitued for troubleshooting.

Mar 24, 2024
Not knowing how comfortable you are working on it, I would recommend taking it to a shop. If it were mine, I think at this point, I would spray some contact cleaner on the socket. But the best option would be to take it to a shop where they have parts that can be substitued for troubleshooting.
I went to a computer repair shop today and he told me that 3 pins were bent and he fixed them. When I got home, I installed the processor and I still cannot get an image when I insert RAM into the b1-b2 slots. In this case, can we say that the problem is in the processor socket?

TRENDING THREADS