RAM speed stuck on 1333mhz

Sep 23, 2018
Hi my Corsair DDR3 2400mhz RAM is defaulting to 1333mhz speed on my ASUS A88XM-A mobo. I have turned on the XMP equivalent for AMD the D.O.C.P and loading the default profile wont boot at all. (goes into diagnostic mode or doesnt POST at all).

I understand my A8-7600 processor and board wont run anywhere near the 2400mhz advertised speed but it wont even boot up when I manually select 1666mhz or 1800mhz leaving everything else on auto. Ive also tried manual setting for the RAM timing in various combinations which I found online and still nothing.....

I am now trying to upgrade the Bios but EZ flash wont recognise the .cap file which I have put on a memory stick...I tried to rename it also but still no luck...

any idea how I can speed up my RAM ? thanks all!!

Solution
Did you source the BIOS for your board from here? Speaking of BIOS, which version are you currently on? Which slots have you populated on your board? Did you try swapping channels? If they're in the yellow slots, try placing them in the black slots.

I would also ask you to try with one stick of ram. On that point, is this a new ram kit or an old kit that previously worked and is now not working...?
Link to rams please.

Lutfij

Titan
Did you source the BIOS for your board from here? Speaking of BIOS, which version are you currently on? Which slots have you populated on your board? Did you try swapping channels? If they're in the yellow slots, try placing them in the black slots.

I would also ask you to try with one stick of ram. On that point, is this a new ram kit or an old kit that previously worked and is now not working...?
Link to rams please.

Solution
Sep 23, 2018
thanks for reply - yep go the bios from there. I wll check on RAM positioning and try with one stick and come back to you after ive tried.. This is not new kit, but i just realised the RAM is running so slow... thanks again