Question RAM speeds vs Size

Jun 6, 2023
I am mainly a gamer. I don’t do much on chrome and such. What do you think is better and what’s the difference

I have 4x16GB 5600MHZ Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM

Pick one:
A) 2x16GB 5600MHZ (Xmp ON)
B) 4x16GB 4000MHZ (Xmp OFF)

With option B and XMP on = No display. No clue why.
Option A works fine.

If I chose Option A, I have 2 sticks of RAM laying around. I could use it on another PC of mine but it’s a little older and I’m not sure if the board supports DDR5 it’s an MSI A320m a pro

kanewolf

Titan
I am mainly a gamer. I don’t do much on chrome and such. What do you think is better and what’s the difference

Pick one:

Option A works fine.

If I chose Option A, I have 2 sticks of RAM laying around. I could use it on another PC of mine but it’s a little older and I’m not sure if the board supports DDR5 it’s an MSI A320m a pro
Desktop CPUs typically run best with two DIMMs. So option A will provide the best performance. Too much RAM is just unused.
Your A320 will not use DDR5 RAM.

Pick one:

Option A works fine.

No go either one, A320 uses DDR4. Perhaps you have A620 motherboard. Those are for DDR5