Question Ram stick lights up but no display signal

Aug 13, 2022
Hello all,

I have this big issue where I bought new ram today (team group 16gb 3200mhz white) and I wanted to add it to my previous ram kit (team group 16gb 3000mhz black, about 2-3 years old), all the stats are the same besides mhz. I added the ram sticks and tried to boot, the lights turned on but there was no display signal. Then tried the new sticks alone and they worked, after I tried the old sticks and they didn't post anymore, rgb turns on but no display signal. Then I tried many variations and nothing worked. Also tried resetting bios by removing the battery but didn't work.

My uncle just built a new PC and also tried the sticks there but nothing, only the white sticks give signal.

I'm getting a feeling that the black sticks died somehow but then again the rbg lights up so maybe there is a fix for this?

My PC specs:
Ryzen 7 2700x (stock cooler)
Rtx 3080 (don't bully for the bottleneck)
850w EVGA gold fully modular
Lian Li o11 dynamic
2 ssds (1 for desktop, other for games)

Uncles PC:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Aorus b550 elite
Rx 6700 xt
850 gigabyte gold something supply
Deepcool case

20221224_203256.jpg

Last edited:

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Hello all,

I have this big issue where I bought new ram today (team group 16gb 3200mhz white) and I wanted to add it to my previous ram kit (team group 16gb 3000mhz black, about 2-3 years old), all the stats are the same besides mhz. I added the ram sticks and tried to boot, the lights turned on but there was no display signal. Then tried the new sticks alone and they worked, after I tried the old sticks and they didn't post anymore, rgb turns on but no display signal. Then I tried many variations and nothing worked. Also tried resetting bios by removing the battery but didn't work.

My uncle just built a new PC and also tried the sticks there but nothing, only the white sticks give signal.

I'm getting a feeling that the black sticks died somehow but then again the rbg lights up so maybe there is a fix for this?

My PC specs:
Ryzen 7 2700x (stock cooler)
Rtx 3080 (don't bully for the bottleneck)
850w EVGA gold fully modular
Lian Li o11 dynamic
2 ssds (1 for desktop, other for games)

Uncles PC:
Ryzen 5 5600x
Aorus b550 elite
Rx 6700 xt
850 gigabyte gold something supply
Deepcool case
Same specs but no guarantee the 2 kits are compatible. It is highly suggested using the same brand and specs.
Have you tested the new RAM modules to see if they are functioning?
Reset the BIOS and keep your fingers crossed the two kits will be happy in your rig.

Aug 13, 2022
Same specs but no guarantee the 2 kits are compatible. It is highly suggested using the same brand and specs.
Have you tested the new RAM modules to see if they are functioning?
Reset the BIOS and keep your fingers crossed the two kits will be happy in your rig.
The new modules alone are working fine perfectly, i guess i will try to reset bios again. I just have to remove the battery for a few minutes right?