RAM Sticks Works Individually, BSOD when together

chizijslv

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
So i have this big problem, and i don't know how to fix it, or what is the actual problem! So basically if i'm using both ram sticks i get the "Memory Management Blue Screen", and if i do a stress test in "AIDA64", it shows that my system is not stable. But if i take out one of the Sticks my works fine, no blue screens, and it doesn't matter what slot they are in. "A1-B1, A2-B2" Everything is Perfect in bios as it should be X.M.P is Enabled, voltage, speed is the same.
I have updated BIOS, reinstalled my pc, i have watched a lot of videos, i read a lot of topics, forums but nothing is working, so i'm here to ask for your help!

Specs :

CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-8700K - Stock Speeds.
MBO : Asus Z370 Tuf Gaming-Plus
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB, 2933MHz 2x8GB
GPU : MSi GTX 1070 8GB-OC

My friend had very similar problem with the coffee lake (Z370), he somehow managed to get new sticks, and everything worked fine!

Since your computer is Brand new - everything should be under warranty.
Contact the Motherboard Manufacturers, tell them your problem and they may recommend a new motherboard.
Also contact Corsair for the RAM and explain the same problem and they may just recommend new RAM

No matter what, it's all under warranty and you should utilise this before your warranty ends

FD2Raptor

Admirable

Did you buy the Corsair DDR4 as a kit of 2 DIMMs or as two individual DIMMs?
Did you try running the two DIMMs at stock DDR4 (i.e. 2133@CL15)?

chizijslv

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013

I did buy it as a kit of 2, and yes, i did try them stock.

FD2Raptor

Admirable
Then you'll want to RMA the memory modules. If it's been less than 30 days since the purchase, contact whomever you bought the memory from (i.e. Newegg, Amazon, etc). If it's been more than 30 days, contact Corsair.

chizijslv

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013

So i should't worry about MBO, because it's only RAM fault?

FD2Raptor

Admirable
If the two DIMMs from the same kit doesn't even work together at the most basic JEDEC standard of 2133Mhz@CL15 then they shouldn't have passed QC.

Last thing you can try is, really, to put them into your friend's build, if you really want to be sure before having to send them back.

chizijslv

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013

So i did the Memtest86, and these are results.

First RAM Stick : https://i.gyazo.com/1baf54a49e625409911bd1548396217d.jpg
Second RAM STICK : https://i.gyazo.com/987585123f51fca1993c78d9dab44f50.jpg
Both Together : https://i.gyazo.com/1bdebc70ab1143f1f94826fe75aa23d4.jpg

i don't know what is the problem here, they both work!

Well, what did Corsair say to you?
Did they ask for a mem test or not?
If they do ask for one, show them the one with the error.
If you want to make it complicated, then show them one with no error and they won't RMA for you.
If they didn't ask for a mem test, show them the error one anyway.
Simple if you ask me

FD2Raptor

Admirable

If there was no error reported when testing just one DIMM, and there were errors reported when using both of them, then the dual channel configuration of the two DIMM has problem.

This issue is often related to mismatching memory specifications, usually come from user buying two DIMMs instead of a kit of two DIMMs (e.g. buying two of this instead of this).You can imagine the two DIMMs in dual channel as two people in a three-legged race; even when each can run by themselves just fine; in the specific situation that is asked of them, they do have to be in sync with each other, and if they're not, well... I suppose you can see how that wouldn't work.

Even if the two separate DIMMs are of the same model, manufacturers like Corsair don't just source parts from the same supplier, and therefore, the specifics memory chip on the different modules may differ in a way that would prevent them from working together. This is why manufacturer also offer the kit of two (as well as of four/eight) as a way of guaranteeing that the DIMMs have been tested to work together.

And so, again, if you bought the DDR4 as a kit of 2 DIMMs and didn't buy two DIMMs then the kit is faulty and shouldn't have passed QC and you are entitled to a replacement.

with memory errors like your. run the free intel cpu test make sure it not the memory controller. with the newer intel mb with the newer socket pins. it easy to bend a pin or two or not have the cpu seated right. another issue that cause memory issues with today newer intel cpu is if you put to much force on the lid of the cpu chip. you can bend the lid and short or bend the cpu chip inside.

chizijslv

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
[/quotemsg]

Everything is fine with the CPU, passed all the tests - https://i.gyazo.com/408df4c522eb20d54cf35862c52c85f0.png