>>>>>>>>>>Ram supporting problem.<<<<<<<<

Samfish126

Reputable
Mar 15, 2015
I own a BIOSTAR G41D3+. I bought a 4 gb ram yesterday. I had 4gb previously. so subtotal its 8gb. But my motherboard only detects 4 gb. even with 8gb added. sometimes it doesnt get any display. I thought the ram is bad so i went to the shop for warranty. But in the shop's computer i saw it was running. So, I came back. Then my cousin gave me a 4gb ram and surprisingly the motheboard detected it fully means 8 gb. Both of the new rams were 1600 mhz . Now I am confused . is it a problem of ram or the motherboard????????:??:

Solution
Did you try it on any other PC? I think you'll have to replace it. The best thing I could recommend to you is to replace the new stick with a new stick which is completely similar to your previous stick. That way the compatibility will be lesser a problem. You can go ahead and set up dual channel config with that too. But if this works on another PC with the same Mobo then I'm not sure what the problem is, if you tried it on any other motherboard then it just means that your motherboard isn't supporting the new stick.

One hopeful try with the two existing sticks and avoiding the replacement would be to try and upgrade your BIOS(If any upgrades are available).

ParadoxInfinite

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Can you list the brands of the RAM or the Full name or something? It is really hard to tell without them. Did you try to insert then in a dual channel manner? Because your Motherboard supports the Dual Channel Configuration and it doesn't matter if your RAM is 1600MHz or more because the maximum speed your Motherboard would support is 1066MHz in normal mode and 1333MHz in OverClocked(OC) Mode.

ParadoxInfinite

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Assuming both are of Team Elite, I'll just ask you to check if you have a proper Dual channel Configuration setup or not? Because I had this problem too with my 4+4GB dual channel config. And check if your memory is getting detected in the BIOS or not. And as @Hang-the-9 said, try once with your new 4 Gig stick only. If that works then the RAM stick has no issues, there must be an issue with the motherboard to work with 8 Gigs or the dual channel. Check those settings and I hope it should work. Let us know what happens.

ParadoxInfinite

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
Did you try it on any other PC? I think you'll have to replace it. The best thing I could recommend to you is to replace the new stick with a new stick which is completely similar to your previous stick. That way the compatibility will be lesser a problem. You can go ahead and set up dual channel config with that too. But if this works on another PC with the same Mobo then I'm not sure what the problem is, if you tried it on any other motherboard then it just means that your motherboard isn't supporting the new stick.

One hopeful try with the two existing sticks and avoiding the replacement would be to try and upgrade your BIOS(If any upgrades are available).

Solution