[SOLVED] RAM to MOBO compatibility

Divineshadow

Honorable
May 10, 2015
Hello Tomshardware team,

I have recently bought a new motherboard
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master.
I am currently looking for some memory for it. It's description says it supports up to 128GB at 4400Mhz - DDR4.
I went through the QVL memory list and found only "low" capacity certified memories.

My question is:
Can I run the down listed memory without trouble even though it is not present in the memory qvl

Solution
Gigabyte's support list is really bad they test low amount of kits. I recently bought a gskill kit for my Gigabyte AX370 and it worked fine at 3200mhz even though it was not in the list. Buying ram from non support list may not work at their advertised speed but gigabyte test a low amount of kits i would just buy that kit anyway just make sure you have the latest bios.
Gigabyte's support list is really bad they test low amount of kits. I recently bought a gskill kit for my Gigabyte AX370 and it worked fine at 3200mhz even though it was not in the list. Buying ram from non support list may not work at their advertised speed but gigabyte test a low amount of kits i would just buy that kit anyway just make sure you have the latest bios.

Reactions: Divineshadow
Solution