[SOLVED] Ram underperforming

Oct 7, 2020
So i have switched my ram to slot 2 and 4 and updated my bios, my ram is supposed to deliver a speed of 3200 mhz but it only displays 2133. and yes, i have already turned on xmp and made sure that its on the right profile (3200 freq dram). i have have been doing a research about this problem and i cannot find a solution for my problem, only to enable xmp but i have already done that.

because of this issue i barely reach 100 fps in any games because i have a ryzen cpu, im desperatly looking for a fix for this i hope you guys can help me.

pc specs:
Mobo: msi x470 gaming plus
cpu: ryzen 7 2700x
ram: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 C16
gpu: rtx 2060

Solution
So i have switched my ram to slot 2 and 4 and updated my bios, my ram is supposed to deliver a speed of 3200 mhz but it only displays 2133. and yes, i have already turned on xmp and made sure that its on the right profile (3200 freq dram). i have have been doing a research about this problem and i cannot find a solution for my problem, only to enable xmp but i have already done that.

because of this issue i barely reach 100 fps in any games because i have a ryzen cpu, im desperatly looking for a fix for this i hope you guys can help me.

pc specs:

Right now I can think of 2 things that are interfering with setting the...

tbjerry07

Commendable
Apr 14, 2018

pc specs:

Right now I can think of 2 things that are interfering with setting the correct ram speed:

1. The manual memory frequency is set at 2133mt which is interfering with the xmp settings

Go to the overclock tab and make sure all memory frequency settings are set at the correct speed

2. Your xmp settings do not work with the cpu, sometimes the IMCs on earlier ryzen cpus are so bad that they cant even hit 3200, even with 2 sticks. The system auto resets ram speed if the memory training failed.

Manually set frequency to 2933mt and see if that works for you.

Solution