Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2020
Hello to everyone,

I tried to upgrade the Asus x52j, I bought 2 ram's, mushkin pc3-8500 so dimm 7-7-7-20 1.5V (2x4GB) but when I plug them it doesn't boot. It displays only black screen with white letters(trouble screen) and asking for normal starting or start and fix problem, when I choose normal it gets me back in the same screen and when the other, it lags.
I checked the site and 8gb is the max memory and 1066Mhz max freq so I chose the above ram model.
I try to boot with only one of two ram's with the old one but it doesn't start again.
When I put the old ones back it boot normal.
When I put the new ram's I can go to bios but it send me again back at the trouble screen.
Old ram type is Kingston 2gb 2Rx8 Pc3 - 10600s 9-10-F0(i think this freq is more than the MB supports)
I'm wondering if it is a Ram incompatibility problem or maybe I have to change volt from bios or upgrade any drivers
Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Solution
This is strictly a hardware issue. Your new RAM is NOT compatible with your computer. Nothing short of replacing it with compatible RAM will fix this.
Nov 3, 2020
Yeah I think so, but the specs was fine according to pc manufacturer. I mean what is the spec of ram that doesn't fit.? Although I can go to bios, it reads new ram(showing 8 gb of ram) at any combination so I cant understan why it doesn't start.
In first time when I upgraded it I had it to sleep Mode cause I had forgotten to shut down. Is there a posibillity that caused a problem and if yes is there a way to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS