Question RAM upgrade

Nov 6, 2019
i have 2 laptops:
Dell Inspiron 14 N4030
Dell Latitude E5520

the first says that only support 6gb of RAM and the second one support 8GB,

my questions are , if is there any problem to put an 8gb RAM stick on the Inspiron? ; and if i put a 8GB RAM stick and a 2 GB on the latitude will it works?

both laptops work wirh DDR3 RAM , and i have a plan to buy two 8 GB RAM sticks

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
6GB is the maximum capacity on Dell Inspiron 14 N4030. If you try to put 8GB, it might not read the extra 2GB or might not even work. I wouldn't go beyond the compatible Ram Capacity.

Dell Latitude has 2 slots supporting maximum of 1gb, 2gb or 4gb DIMMs so adding 8GB ram is incompatible and the computer won't recognize it.

Nov 6, 2019
6GB is the maximum capacity on Dell Inspiron 14 N4030. If you try to put 8GB, it might not read the extra 2GB or might not even work. I wouldn't go beyond the compatible Ram Capacity.

Dell Latitude has 2 slots supporting maximum of 1gb, 2gb or 4gb DIMMs so adding 8GB ram is incompatible and the computer won't recognize it.
thanks! well i think am not gonna try so,,

now i have another laptop with like the same issue .... Is a HP pavilion g4 2204 , on the manufacturer page says it support 8 gb of ram, can i put a single stick of 8gb of ram on one slot ? I can’t find What size of memory can handle per slot

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
thanks! well i think am not gonna try so,,

now i have another laptop with like the same issue .... Is a HP pavilion g4 2204 , on the manufacturer page says it support 8 gb of ram, can i put a single stick of 8gb of ram on one slot ? I can’t find What size of memory can handle per slot
Hi
Yes, you can install an 8GB stick into 1 RAM slot to reach the maximum amount of RAM. I don't think there's a limitation on how much 1 slot can handle as long as it doesn't exceed the motherboard RAM capacity. However, having duel channel as 2x4GB RAM installed is more beneficial than 8GB single channel in which it doubles the bandwidth of memory so ideally it's faster to have 2 sticks of RAM.

i have 2 laptops:
Dell Inspiron 14 N4030
Dell Latitude E5520

the first says that only support 6gb of RAM and the second one support 8GB,

my questions are , if is there any problem to put an 8gb RAM stick on the Inspiron? ; and if i put a 8GB RAM stick and a 2 GB on the latitude will it works?

both laptops work wirh DDR3 RAM , and i have a plan to buy two 8 GB RAM sticks

Dell Inspiron 14 N4030 Laptop supports 2 x 4GB.

https://www.memorystock.com/memory/DellInspiron14N4030.html

6GB is in the configuration of 2GB = 4GB.

So you can remove 2GB stick and replace with a 4GB stick for max memory.

Similarly the Dell Latitude E5520 also supports 2 x 4GB.

https://www.memorystock.com/memory/DellLatitudeE5520.html

The HP Pavilion g4-2204tx supports 2 x 4GB as well.

https://www.memorystock.com/memory/HewlettPackardPaviliong42204tx.html

It does not mean that you can try 8GB stick in slot. It won't work. All of these three models support only upto 4GB stick on each slot. 8GB stick to work on these laptops are unheard of. Very few laptops have been able to work with more than the specified maximum.

You can cross-check with other sites like crucial, memoryx.

They all provide almost accurate information regarding memory upgrades

Reactions: lynx1021