[SOLVED] RAM upgrades from 16GB to 32GB

Christopher Magnussen

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2013
ive decided to upgrade my ram from 16GB to 32Gb.

Processor: i9 9900k
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151
i seek the 4x8GB configuration

Im searching for good RAM manufacturer mostly i prefer Corsair but im open to suggestions.
suggestion to RAM is also accepted as long as its below or similiar to 400US$ and compatible.

Solution
Good thread and good posts my fellow gurus. Personally I would listen to the guru above and get 16GB X 2. I will explain to you why. Windows 10 and all your tray apps take up nice ammount of RAM and by the time you open apps you are reaching near 16GB and since it is only 16GB the RAM cache wont kick in where apps will open instantly and multitasking will be smooth. See part of your RAM is reserved for cache and cache along with OS and apps 16GB honestly is not enough now a days especially if you want to play a demanding game like COD or RDD. With 32GB of RAM you will have a large cache and plenty of RAM. It is totally worth it to go to 32GB. You will have 2 slots open like the chap said above so hes on target on that note...

wi5pa

Distinguished
May 20, 2012
Please consider as having 4 ram sticks is not better than 2 in most cases,
The motherboard runs in dual channel,
2 pairs (one dual) is better as you will have 16gb on each stick.
The website is $135 for 2x16gb
SKU CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit - Black
$134.99 USD

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Good thread and good posts my fellow gurus. Personally I would listen to the guru above and get 16GB X 2. I will explain to you why. Windows 10 and all your tray apps take up nice ammount of RAM and by the time you open apps you are reaching near 16GB and since it is only 16GB the RAM cache wont kick in where apps will open instantly and multitasking will be smooth. See part of your RAM is reserved for cache and cache along with OS and apps 16GB honestly is not enough now a days especially if you want to play a demanding game like COD or RDD. With 32GB of RAM you will have a large cache and plenty of RAM. It is totally worth it to go to 32GB. You will have 2 slots open like the chap said above so hes on target on that note. However I have no idea what you do behind your rig so 64GB of RAM you would be throwing the money away as you will not even use it. Unless you have Photoshop open with 30 files open and Adobe Premiere editing 4k video and have bunch of apps in the tray plus the OS and all that. With 32GB you don't even have to exit those hardcore apps and you can launch your game and it will play butter smooth with not a single hitch if you have SSD that is. So ya I agree with the gurus above me grab a 16GB x 2 3000Mhz and you will be set. The 9900k is no slouch it still is a high end top notch CPU for not only heavy apps but for gaming, and especially gaming it performs amazing. Good Luck on your decision.👶✝🤷‍♀️💯🙈👽

Solution