[SOLVED] Ram Usage throttle

Dec 26, 2021
basically my games used to work perfectly fine on windows 7 but
after fully updating to windows 10 (with all the needed drivers) my games (gta 5, bf1 and especially apex) started to stutter a lot and it wasn't like any ordinary lag spikes because it was also followed by ping spikes so it would go from 60ms to 450ms and back down making the game completely unplayable
so when i went to check on how these games were utilizing my pc recourses i realized that my cpu and vram usage were completely fine but the RAM (16gb) usage was stuck at 60% even tho the norm should be atleast 95% and the graph looks like it was intentionally smoothed out by obviously throttling my ram usage
so my question is, is there any windows 10 services that i'm not aware of that limit ram usage ? or is it someting else

programs i usually use:
Process Lasso
Riva tuner
Nvidia Geforce experience
ISLC

PS: i tried disabling, uninstalling and reinstalling the programs to see if they were effecting the ram usage but they weren't

Solution
when i went to check on how these games were utilizing my pc recourses i realized that my cpu and vram usage were completely fine but the RAM (16gb) usage was stuck at 60% even tho the norm should be atleast 95% and the graph looks like it was intentionally smoothed out by obviously throttling my ram usage
Can you send a screenshots of what's happening.
Kinda tough to understand just from words.

If i got what you said correctly, than RAM usage probably should be fine. When you start game it allocates some space and rarely requires more of it, usually taking less than what it required. And with 16 GB RAM... Let's even make it on really heavy side. 5GB - Windows 10 (and this is with some RAM leakage happening in background...

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
when i went to check on how these games were utilizing my pc recourses i realized that my cpu and vram usage were completely fine but the RAM (16gb) usage was stuck at 60% even tho the norm should be atleast 95% and the graph looks like it was intentionally smoothed out by obviously throttling my ram usage
Can you send a screenshots of what's happening.
Kinda tough to understand just from words.

If i got what you said correctly, than RAM usage probably should be fine. When you start game it allocates some space and rarely requires more of it, usually taking less than what it required. And with 16 GB RAM... Let's even make it on really heavy side. 5GB - Windows 10 (and this is with some RAM leakage happening in background, usually it takes around 2.7-3.5 GB RAM), 1.5 GB for Chrome (with 20 tabs, and YouTube in background) and 5 GB for game (actually doubt that these games take more than that, but hey, i may be wrong, as i didn't played them... But BF1 shouldn't take more than that FOR SURE). Total is 11.5 GB RAM. Which is around 72.3% of max RAM capacity. And this is with some generously taken in account system RAM leakage ( i with Chrome and BDO have 9.9-10.1 GB RAM used right now, for example).
If you cannot load more than 60% ram no matter what you try, then try to check somwhere what is your memory unload threshold. Maybe system just purge old data every time it hits. From my experience though, actual RAM bottleneck causes active (and even some background apps and games) just freeze permamantly or silently close while sending an error "cannot allocate more space" with 2 apps that had most allocated memory and their allocated amount in System Event Monitor.

But if it is problem with unloading memory, then you would've noticed closing by itself apps, long boots of pages in browser and curves in RAM usage graphs, when pages become unloaded and loaded again. So again... You don't have problem with closing app, just stutters.

Solution