[SOLVED] RAM uses too much voltage - HELP

Feb 24, 2019
Right I bought some DDR4 2x8gb G Skills Trident Z 4600mhz ram second hand and it works perfectly until I ran into a few blue screens while gaming so decided to underclock it to 3200mhz and it’s been fine ever since, occasionally a game will crash but no BSOD. I then realised that I’ve bought ram that runs at 1.5V and intels recommended maximum voltage is 1.35 V+5% (1.417 V). So I need advice on what to do, should I just unclock speed and voltage or is it a better idea to get new ram or new cpu - hit me with my options

Motherboard - MSI Z390i gaming edge
CPU - i7-8086k @ stock 4.0ghz
Ram - g skills trident z 4600mhz
Gpu - Asus strix rtx 2080
Storage - 970 pro 500gb Samsung (100% health)
2TB 860 pro samsung (100% health)
PSU - Corsair rm650x
Any more questions needed please ask away

Solution
Not all combinations of CPUs, motherboards and DIMMs will reach the maximum advertised clock of a given set of DIMMs. Intel itself does not officially support DDR4 speeds beyond 2666MT/s, anything beyond that is considered overclocking and your failure to reach 4200MT/s stable could be entirely luck-of-the-draw on the CPU.

InvalidError

Titan
Not all combinations of CPUs, motherboards and DIMMs will reach the maximum advertised clock of a given set of DIMMs. Intel itself does not officially support DDR4 speeds beyond 2666MT/s, anything beyond that is considered overclocking and your failure to reach 4200MT/s stable could be entirely luck-of-the-draw on the CPU.

Solution