RAM, Why is it so frustrating?

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Ok, so for the past 3 years i've honestly fought a miserable and pointless battle of trying to get my RAM to perform to it's advertised specs, I've had it there once, and for the life of me, CANNOT figure out the settings that were lost thanks to a power loss event.
**Gotta love that good ole reliable power company, thanks guys, someone down the street turns on their garbage disposal and half the city goes out...**
(No i do not live in a third world country, the US Power grid is horribly ancient and atrocious at best. I live in Southern Oregon, uh... environmental point, i'm losing my mind slowly lol)
Info:
■ The RAM has been extensively tested at least 2 times per year with zero failures with MemTest. Pretty sure the x64 version, not sure at the moment.
■ For extended periods of time i would give up and just let it do what it wanted.
■ I've searched extensively for answers, best answers i can find are ones i make up to justify the RAM behavior.
The RAM is the AMD Radeon Memory Gamer Series DDR3-2133 1.65v. the motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z and the power supply is a Corsair AX1200i. Power is there, capability is there, now if only some consistency...
So, here's a picture:
Kq0sD3u.png
Additionally in the BIOS it reports the proper AMP profile enabled and in use, with the correct frequencies and voltages, through the bios, and in Windows 10, however, everything else is showing the wrong voltage, and half the frequency.
NOTE: BIOS voltage set to and reporting 1.65v everything else reports 1.5v, even AOD reports 1.5v and half the frequency.

What i'm telling myself, trying to make me feel better is:
DDR = Dual Density Ram which means 1066 = half of dual, which = 2132 which is close enough to 2133Mhz
I'm fed up and frustrated, everyone i turn to is baffled i'm asking THEM a question, they all think i'm a genius, and i'm like, "My RAM is magic." o_o

Help, i'm going crazy, yes i'm taking my meds, but no, the emotional distress is not helping any, i love my computer, I want it to run as best as it can.

Solution

DDR = Doube Data Rate. Base DRAM Frequency of your RAM is 1066. Double Data Rate. 1066x2(double) = 2132

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

the RAM is supposed to be 2133, not 1066 like everything is showing. Or am i not understanding how things report the frequencies?

theyeti87

Honorable

DDR = Doube Data Rate. Base DRAM Frequency of your RAM is 1066. Double Data Rate. 1066x2(double) = 2132

Solution

TRENDING THREADS