[SOLVED] Ram XMP stability

dracobeats

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018
Hello, I’ve been trying to enable xmp on my rig and I keep getting livekernalevent 141 error in reliability monitor and it says the graphics driver is crashing and the screen flickers when this happens. I have been running my little at 3200mhz cl16 for now for it to be stable but the xmp profile is suppose to set it to 3600mhz cl18 but it’s not stable. Dialing back the frequency with xmp off seems to solve the issue. Are there any steps I can take to make my system stable at 3600mhz?

I am on latest bios and drivers btw and ram is on QVL.

Thanks.

specs
Ryzen 3600 cpu
TridentZ 3600mhz cl18 for amd ram
Asus b450 f gaming ii mobo
evga 700w bronze power supply
Samsung 860 Evo 1tb ssd
thanksRtx 2060 ko

Solution
XMP does set memory settings however the motherboard and CPU must be able to natively support the specifications to work smoothly. Otherwise, additional BIOS adjustment may be necessary to force stability.

CPU SoC Voltage is the memory controller Voltage, you can check this value at DDR4-3200, then manually set it higher to see if you can stabilize DDR4-3400 or 3600.

An alternative is to optimize performance through lowering timings. By using a higher frequency memory at a lower frequency, you can tighten up the timings to enhance performance while not over-stressing the CPU IMC.

For your memory kit you can try DDR4-3200 16-18-18-38 1.35V, then fine tune to see what can perform best.
Hello, I’ve been trying to enable xmp on my rig and I keep getting livekernalevent 141 error in reliability monitor and it says the graphics driver is crashing and the screen flickers when this happens. I have been running my little at 3200mhz cl16 for now for it to be stable but the xmp profile is suppose to set it to 3600mhz cl18 but it’s not stable. Dialing back the frequency with xmp off seems to solve the issue. Are there any steps I can take to make my system stable at 3600mhz?

I am on latest bios and drivers btw and ram is on QVL.

Thanks.

specs
Ryzen 3600 cpu
TridentZ 3600mhz cl18 for amd ram
Asus b450 f gaming ii mobo
evga 700w bronze power supply
Samsung 860 Evo 1tb ssd
thanksRtx 2060 ko
Even if you can get it to run at 3600 you might be disappointed to find there is very little if any diff in perf.

What you gained in speed you lost in delay.

dracobeats

Commendable
Dec 31, 2018
Even if you can get it to run at 3600 you might be disappointed to find there is very little if any diff in perf.

What you gained in speed you lost in delay.
Thanks. Yea I benchmarked it and it’s not different. I guess I was just bothered that it wasn’t running how it should.

XMP does set memory settings however the motherboard and CPU must be able to natively support the specifications to work smoothly. Otherwise, additional BIOS adjustment may be necessary to force stability.

CPU SoC Voltage is the memory controller Voltage, you can check this value at DDR4-3200, then manually set it higher to see if you can stabilize DDR4-3400 or 3600.

An alternative is to optimize performance through lowering timings. By using a higher frequency memory at a lower frequency, you can tighten up the timings to enhance performance while not over-stressing the CPU IMC.

For your memory kit you can try DDR4-3200 16-18-18-38 1.35V, then fine tune to see what can perform best.

Solution