Rampage V Edition 10

AussieLatina

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
I'm dead set on buying this motherboard but I'm still trying to figure out which CPU to get. I'd appreciate any input you guys might have over the i7 6800k and the i7 6850k. There is a bit of a price difference, so I want to know if I should stick with the more expensive one or not.

I play a few games, nothing too demanding, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Civ, Sims, Sim City.

I know it might seem overkill to get this build but I really love that mobo lol :) Please help! Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan
It doesn't seem overkill, it is overkill since you can game off a mid tier system for the game titles you've mentioned. Outside of the ridiculous pricing, the 6850K is the one to get if your budget allows and if you're into content creation. If not then you can drop in the 6800K.

If you should continue a trend to balance out the system, you should pick out a processor that is the same price of the board, if not more than the board...get my drift on why I said it's overkill?

AussieLatina

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Yeah, I just read that there's really no difference between the two CPU's. I am new at this, trying to put this build together, not even sure if it's all compatible lol... wanna help? :(