Random absurd performance drop.

Not Dodge

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
My computer for the past year or so has work perfectly. Windows 8 and 8.1? no issues whatsoever. Until a few days ago. I booted up my computer and steam and went for ArmA 2, it took a longer than usual time to load, when the menu loaded, I had less than 10 FPS (I normally run around 30-40) I Verified the game cache and it did not work.

So I tried playing my other games, Mount and blade, long loading time, less than 10 FPS. S.T.A.L.K.E.R, same thing. Same case for the rest of my games.

I restarted the computer, to no avail, my FPS in all my games did not return to normal. I did a virus scan (with VIPRE) and it showed no viruses. I also tried multiple defrags, did not work.

Time to bring out the big guns, System restore. Did not return my FPS to normal even after 3 or 4 more restores. I tried to do a widows refresh, but it said I have files missing and needed a boot device (which I don't have).

So basically, my performance in all games has dropped for apparently no reason (even the easy to run games like minecraft and S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC, which was made in 2007) , and nothing I do seems to work, I have not changed any of my setting on any of my games, just one day everything decided to take a shit on itself. I have not downloaded anything since the drop or in the leading up to the drop.

I have dealt with many viruses and many issues relating to computers, but this one has me completely stumped.