Question random artifacting on new hardware

Jesse.m.niemi

Honorable
Oct 4, 2018
I've seen before and after making this setup that my monitor randomly artifacts. I recently upgraded from an older gpu that artifacted way more but now it keeps happening, even with a gpu support thingy
I've gotten new display port cables, plugged in my gpu and ram in more, ran windows memory check software and nothing seems to be of issue.
I remember my ram was said to be incompatible with my motherboard but compatible with the same stick but without rgb. Though the only ram issue I've come across is the rgb sometimes being frozen on orange while the other stick has working rgb.
I can reproduce similar artifacts by scrolling images on twitter but its not to the scale or length as when it happens on its own
View: https://imgur.com/a/GUyehvq

Could the easiest fix be to change out my ram? I'm really out of ideas now.

amd ryzen 7800x3d
asus 4070 tis 16gb oc
32 gig kingston kf560c36-16 ddr5
rog strix b650-a wifi

Lutfij

Titan
Is this the ram you're working with
https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KF560C36BBE-16.pdf
?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Jesse.m.niemi

Honorable
Oct 4, 2018
Is this the ram you're working with
https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KF560C36BBE-16.pdf
?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
it has the same specs but mine just has some rgb on top of it. the left stick sometimes is stuck at an orange color.
CPU: amd ryzen 7 7800x3d
CPU cooler: deepcool ak620 digital
Motherboard: rog strix b650-a wifi
Ram: 32gb (2x16gb) fury beast ddr5 rgb 6000mhz
SSD/HDD: 2x 500gb 860 evo + 1tb 970 evo plus
GPU: asus rtx 4070 ti super oc
PSU: evga gt 750w gold almost 2 years old
Chassis: nzxt h510
Monitor: 1x asus vg279qm + 1x vg27b (artifacts happen on both monitors)
bios version 1811

for some reason I can't find any traces of my buying the ram to know exactly which ram it is but the earliest time I've seen it in support, it was KF560C36BBEAK2-32

in this video you can see my right ram stick having working rgb while the left stick is stuck at orange
View: https://imgur.com/a/c6Sa483

Last edited:

Jesse.m.niemi

Honorable
Oct 4, 2018
I had a problem like this back in the day was the GPU Vram anyway to try a different gpu ?

Also on both new builds running a 4070 it super and 4070 OC GPU I seen this on websites turning off hardware acceleration on goggle and edge fixed it
this was happening on a 3060 as well, I've switched the gpu, motherboard, ram, and cpu since this started and its followed me with every upgrade. Though the only way I can replicate it easily is the twitter image thing. It can happen randomly on both monitors independent of twitter. My first fix that worked was putting my pc on its side but currently i have no space for it.

this was happening on a 3060 as well, I've switched the gpu, motherboard, ram, and cpu since this started and its followed me with every upgrade. Though the only way I can replicate it easily is the twitter image thing. It can happen randomly on both monitors independent of twitter. My first fix that worked was putting my pc on its side but currently i have no space for it.
Did you try to disable hardware acceleration? whatever you use to go on twitter turn off hardware acceleration and try it.

Jesse.m.niemi

Honorable
Oct 4, 2018
Did you try to disable hardware acceleration? whatever you use to go on twitter turn off hardware acceleration and try it.
seemed to have worked for twitter but could my browser be the reason i artifact randomly on other things? I used twitter cause its the easiest way to replicate it but it happens randomly on my desktop and all other programs too.

Iam not really sure, maybe some other people can chime in on this. I just built two systems. 1. 7800x3d with 7800xt and had this happen on edge then goggle. I took the gpu back because I had a two week return without restocking fee. 2nd gpu same thing. took it back and got a 4070 ti super same thing. 2 monitors 3 different cables DP cable 1.2 1.4 2.0 same thing. read up on it and disabling hardware acceleration seemed to fix it. on edge and goggle chrome. this happened also on a 14700K with a 4070 OC card.

What other things does it happen in? you could try to turn it off in windows and battle net stream etc.

Jesse.m.niemi

Honorable
Oct 4, 2018
It didn't really have a certain place it happens but it just sticks when it does until I restart or shut down the pc. it just happens everywhere and doesn't have certain programs or games that it happens on. Though it hasn't happened since I turned off acceleration on opera but it could be coincidence since its random.