[SOLVED] Random Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazh

Commendable
Nov 21, 2021
I recently getting random black screen + no audio + i see mouse still flashing with colors also i see my hyper X headset with red color
... the case still running with fans sound inside... PS functioning ....i mean i think the problem is electricity thing......when this black screen happens...if i just press the PS on button .. it automatically shuts down the PC (normally i have to press and hold for few seconds before shuts down) ..... im thinking to go and blow air inside the case to clean it to fix this black screen issue

MB: Msi Z77A
CPU: i7-3770
Ram: corsair 4*4 GB
GPU: GTX 1650 super
windows 7-64

Fazh

Commendable
Nov 21, 2021
i scanned the whole system with malwarebytes ...found 3 viruses...one of them got stored on a folder or shielded not deleted something like that...i have no exp with viruses....after scanning i blow air forcefully to really clean dust.....so far no crash encountered .....i hope no crashes in future

Fazh

Commendable
Nov 21, 2021
damn multi crashes again....im using 2 screens.....1 screen on VGA port..the other on HD....i unplugged the VGA and runs pc with HD monitor...still crash happens again ... now im certain its not the VGA screen fault....so now i just changed the HD cable same HD port (i have 2 HD ports)....if it crashes again then ill plug it on the 2nd HD port and see.... if it crashes again ..then it might be the 4 RAM sticks? or even the GPU card? .... just a quick question..if i unplug the RAM sticks and replug it again...do i lose data or catch or something stored?

Fazh

Commendable
Nov 21, 2021
unlikely is the ram, but do some memory test
gpu don't usually crash unless overheat, power or motherboard issue
found the problem...it was one Vengeance RAM stick out of the 4 causing the bluescreen. all RAMs are 9-9-9-24 1600 speed.
now i wonder does the ram speed or performance reduces? im activating XMP the extreme feature...now im having 3 sticks and 1 is empty... i remember that for full ram performance..i need to put it dual (1-3 or 2-4)....i checked CPU-Z app...it shows in memory tab .. size: 12288 MBytes ....... Dram freq= 799.9 MHz ... FSB: Dram = 1:6 .... then 9-9-9-24
command rate=2T channel# = Dual

on SPD tab....the only difference is max bandwidth (2 sticks with PC3-10700 and the other PC3-10700H) (SPD Ext. = XPM 1.3 for 2 sticks) (SPD Ext. - XMP 1.2 for the other stick)

is it just i reduced ram size to 12GB instead of 16GB and no bad performance issues?

triple-channel operation with proper DRAM frequency via CPU-Z.

Last edited:

Fazh

Commendable
Nov 21, 2021
hmmm i feel the system runs better than before !! processes done faster ..i open apps and chrome runs better!! ... is triple-channel RAM perform better than 2 dual sticks!!!

Fazh

Commendable
Nov 21, 2021
i figured out that random black screens are from bad connection to the monitor i just replug the cable and the display come back....also i figured out that the bluescreen when booting up is from one bad stick out of 4 sticks. case closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.