Random BSOD error 124

coinmaster

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
So I overclocked my 4770k to 4.5ghz but when I live streaming I get random 124 bsod errors every day or so. According to google its either the vcore or the vtt that needs to be turned up or down but I've tried everything I can think of and the bsod errors continue.

I've tried the vcore everywhere between 1.3 and 1.35.
I have the uncore at 40 and the vring at 1.15 but I've tried 2v as well.
I've tried the vrim between 1.8v-2v
From what I understand the vtt is just ram voltage which I haven't overclocked my ram at all so I don't see how it could be that.

Any advice?

Solution
A few things can cause the error. Check your cpu ring bus. If not at 1.9v try it

Also, from within windows and getting this, low or dirty psu signal, bad drivers, ram chip fail, bbad power to gpu - any of these.

Memtest86 bootable to rule out ram

Update mobo and gpu drivers. Check bios ver on both.

Run a reg chk and sfc.exe to rule out windows error

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
A few things can cause the error. Check your cpu ring bus. If not at 1.9v try it

Also, from within windows and getting this, low or dirty psu signal, bad drivers, ram chip fail, bbad power to gpu - any of these.

Memtest86 bootable to rule out ram

Update mobo and gpu drivers. Check bios ver on both.

Run a reg chk and sfc.exe to rule out windows error

Solution

coinmaster

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
Yeah livestreaming is about as intensive as it gets for stress testing if it is unstable it will usually crash within a minute. However this particular crash happens over the coarse of a day or so and even when I move the sliders back and forth within the acceptable range of voltage it doesn't prevent the crashes. I was under the impression that 3.5 should be max for 4.5ghz and considering how I had 4.6 stable (although at high voltages) I didn't think I'd need to go over that.

Buzz247

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Have to play with it. Every chip is different. Up or down - one step, test, repeat until stable. For faster more accurate testing, use prime95. You will know pretty quick if stable. If you are stable after2hrs, try6, then 12.you survive 12 your good. Oc is not a race but an endurance and paitience challenge

coinmaster

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
I turned up the voltage to 1.37v and ran aida64 for about an hour and I came back to the computer off. When I logged back on it said the bsod code was a0 which is "internal power error" does that mean my psu is faulty?