[SOLVED] Random BSOD happening randomly(please help)

Oct 20, 2020
So ive been having an issue about once every two months.My pc would/will start crashing anywhere from 2-30 minutes after start up.The BSOD are change but most of them are
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and sometimes other erros like KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I have run Memtest86 without it finding anything and have swapped out ram sticks,changed slots and then run memtest again with the same result

I have reinstalled windows several times sometimes it would fix the problem sometimes it wouldnt

I have installed and reinstalled the latest drivers for my gpu

Something that i have noticed is that my tabs will crash randomly aswell even if im not using them

PC SPECS:
CPU:Ryzen 2700
MB:MSI B450-A-Pro
RAM:32GB Corsair Vengence
GPU:AORUS 1060 6gb
PSU:A 750 watt power supply from corsair (dont remember the exact name)

Storage:
1 NVME SSD 500GB
1 SSD 1TB
1 HDD 2TB
1 HDD 4TB

here is the link to 5 BSOD dumps: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lCCE5_Yf6SSW-UqAOODW7z6tDfqr7OsK?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Solution
werfault = windows error reporting. Odd to see it crashing

1st error is DirectX. Almost every time i see this in a dump file, the answer is GPU drivers. You are on the newest from what I can tell.
2nd could be gpu as well, its only maybe.
others aren't so clear.
3rd is a lot of memory operations
4th appears to be hdd operations
5th I am not sure

there is no consistency.
number 1 pointing at gpu could be a red herring

Yes, BIOS update might help. You are on the original version'
at least MSI show you how

CMK32GX4M2D3000C16 isn't on listing for motherboard but CMK32GX4M1D3000C16 is so essentially its on the qlv list, you just have a newer model.

I doubt its all GPU drivers, but you could try running thsi and...
So ive been having an issue about once every two months.My pc would/will start crashing anywhere from 2-30 minutes after start up.The BSOD are change but most of them are
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT or SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and sometimes other erros like KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I have run Memtest86 without it finding anything and have swapped out ram sticks,changed slots and then run memtest again with the same result

I have reinstalled windows several times sometimes it would fix the problem sometimes it wouldnt

I have installed and reinstalled the latest drivers for my gpu

Something that i have noticed is that my tabs will crash randomly aswell even if im not using them

PC SPECS:
CPU:Ryzen 2700
MB:MSI B450-A-Pro
RAM:32GB Corsair Vengence
GPU:AORUS 1060 6gb
PSU:A 750 watt power supply from corsair (dont remember the exact name)

Storage:
1 NVME SSD 500GB
1 SSD 1TB
1 HDD 2TB
1 HDD 4TB

here is the link to 5 BSOD dumps: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lCCE5_Yf6SSW-UqAOODW7z6tDfqr7OsK?usp=sharing
I know this might not be too helpful, but I had an incredibly similar issue and fixed it by installing a new os then repairing it by running sfc/scannow and looking up my errors and fixes for them. I wanna help but stuff like this can take a while, some help is better than no help right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you checked the storage drives for errors?

Memory management is more than just ram, win 10 also sees the page file which is on C drive as memory as well. If the BSOD survives reinstalls its not likely to be drivers.

Do you have the latest BIOS on motherboard?

Oct 20, 2020
file which is on C drive as memory as well. If the BSOD survives reinstalls its not likely to be drivers.
Well this problem has previously survived even as i have switched drives (aswell as installed windows on different drives)
As for the motherboard is it not up to date.

I know this might not be too helpful, but I had an incredibly similar issue and fixed it by installing a new os then repairing it by running sfc/scannow and looking up my errors and fixes for them. I wanna help but stuff like this can take a while, some help is better than no help right?
This is helpful as i have had the crashes sometimes stop when i reinstall windows but it's never certain.This morning tho there was an update for windows which seems to have slowed the crashes but the crashes started before an update was even available so it might have something to do with windows but the fact that it survives reinstalls seems odd.

I do have a bit more info which might help.When the pc was crashing yesterday i could make it crash by launching a game (in this case Europa Universalis 4) Or in other cases in the launcher loading up the mod list.

Colif

Win 11 Master
sfc fixes windows, it would be unusual for you to get multiple bad installs and windows to be the cause. I would question ram.

Is the ram models you have on this listing? https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-A-PRO#support-mem-14

unless you unlucky this means it unlikely to be ram

Well this problem has previously survived even as i have switched drives (aswell as installed windows on different drives)
As for the motherboard is it not up to date.

and its unlikely to be the drives.

are there any other parts in pc not in your listing above?

admittedly i haven't asked anyone to look at dumps yet as I figured, it survives reinstalls, its unlikely to be drivers . BIOS update may help if you on an old one. I might as well get them converted.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/gnswxe8p/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:102020-11937-01.dmp (Oct 20 2020 - 10:20:23)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 16 Min(s), and 13 Sec(s)

File information:102020-10781-01.dmp (Oct 20 2020 - 10:54:05)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:102020-10734-01.dmp (Oct 20 2020 - 11:55:41)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 26 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

File information:102020-10421-01.dmp (Oct 20 2020 - 10:34:51)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: WerFault.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 06 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)

File information:102020-10156-01.dmp (Oct 20 2020 - 11:27:42)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: WerFault.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 32 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-A-PRO
You are using the original BIOS of version A.0. There are multiple BIOS updates available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
werfault = windows error reporting. Odd to see it crashing

1st error is DirectX. Almost every time i see this in a dump file, the answer is GPU drivers. You are on the newest from what I can tell.
2nd could be gpu as well, its only maybe.
others aren't so clear.
3rd is a lot of memory operations
4th appears to be hdd operations
5th I am not sure

there is no consistency.
number 1 pointing at gpu could be a red herring

Yes, BIOS update might help. You are on the original version'
at least MSI show you how

CMK32GX4M2D3000C16 isn't on listing for motherboard but CMK32GX4M1D3000C16 is so essentially its on the qlv list, you just have a newer model.

I doubt its all GPU drivers, but you could try running thsi and reinstall the newest drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 20, 2020