Question Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2021
==================================================
Dump File : 110521-8281-01.dmp
Crash Time : 05/11/2021 18:49:59
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : fffff806735632e0 Parameter 2 : 00000000000000ff
Parameter 3 : 0000000000000084 Parameter 4 : fffff806734176c4
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f72a0
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+3f72a0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\110521-8281-01.dmp
Processors Count : 16
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 19041
Dump File Size : 1.328.764
Dump File Time : 05/11/2021 18:50:30
==================================================

I've scoured ever nook and cranny of the internet and have no idea what to do now.
I just reinstalled my PC after I got Bluescreens up to 10 Times a Day.

No matter what I do, the Bluescreens just don't stop.

Is someone able to help me whatsoever?

Nov 5, 2021
oh and after the bug check error in event log i always get the information with the event id 7026:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load:
dam

Nov 5, 2021
oh and after the bug check error in event log i always get the information with the event id 7026:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) did not load:
dam

and as always the last 3 informations before the error bug check is dhcp-client 2 times and dhcpv6-client 1 time.

is it maybe possible that it tries to start something or smth like that and that fails for some unknown reason? or do i just not get how this stuff works.

Like before EVERY bug check error event in event viewer there are always the exact same information events just seconds before

gardenman

Splendid
hc6C2lN.jpg
You can Edit a post to add more to it after you have posted it. This cuts down on having multiple posts all in a row from the same person.

I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/82yqv4Ld/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:110921-8812-01.dmp (Nov 8 2021 - 19:52:45)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: opera.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:110921-8421-01.dmp (Nov 9 2021 - 13:48:39)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 07 Sec(s)

File information:110921-8390-01.dmp (Nov 9 2021 - 16:16:40)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 27 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File information:110921-8343-01.dmp (Nov 9 2021 - 10:13:07)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: LogonUI.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 32 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)

File information:110921-8328-01.dmp (Nov 9 2021 - 16:38:49)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: NVIDIA Share.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, its a consistent error in that its always same one.
and they all crash at same address - nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69

run Prime 95? just cause problems happen under low load doesn't mean it won't find anything.

low load makes me look at that PSU again.

wonders if its a voltage thing. Common error that Prime 95 returns is a rounding error. these can be fixed by upping voltage on CPU or ram, but I am getting ahead of myself here.

Nov 13, 2021
I have exactly the same problem. Same bluescreen, same "caused by Address" also started exactly on the 5th November. Bluescreen only happens when the Laptop idles for >10mins (?). If I am using it, I can play for sevaral hours without any issues. Laptop was running fine for the last 12 months (never had a bluescreen). I am on the latest Win 10 version, my guess is the latest Win 10 update broke something.
HW: Intel i7, RTX 2060 Mobile

Any news on your end?

blue.png

Nov 5, 2021
I have exactly the same problem. Same bluescreen, same "caused by Address" also started exactly on the 5th November. Bluescreen only happens when the Laptop idles for >10mins (?). If I am using it, I can play for sevaral hours without any issues. Laptop was running fine for the last 12 months (never had a bluescreen). I am on the latest Win 10 version, my guess is the latest Win 10 update broke something.
HW: Intel i7, RTX 2060 Mobile

Any news on your end?

blue.png

jesus christ im sorry dude,
for me it started at around the same time, without a single problem before whatsoever.

I would not recommend reinstalling windows, did absolutely nothing for me.

Maybe you could post your Minidump in the Forum too?
(C:\Windows\Minidump, copy files to desktop, send to compressed file (zip), post on smth like dropbox or gdrive and post a link here)

If you really have exactly the same problem, we maybe have a lead to go by :)

THX

Nov 13, 2021
Which Nvidia driver version have you installed? I'm wondering if that could be the culprit as I updated mine to 496.49 a few days before everything started. I have downgraded now and will see if that helps. Otherwise maybe a broken Windows update.
I have another Windows image that uses a corporate (older) Win 10 version, there everything runs fine. So it has to be a software issue.

Nov 13, 2021
Hello everyone!
I have the same problems on W10 and W11, but there are no problems on Ubuntu 20.04.
My dumps.

Hangs occur chaotically. I can listen to spotify at this moment, and in general there is no load. It can freeze 2-3 times, and then freeze completely, as well as with a blue screen.
The system is new, I also tried to install drivers from the developers' site.

dump.jpg

Windows 10 Pro x64: 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Motherboard: Asus Prime H270-Plus (bios 2001)
RAM: Crucial BLS8G4D240FSBK.8FD x4
Video adapter: Asus PH-GTX1650 Series
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i7-6700K, 4000 MHz
Datastore:
Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB
ST4000NM0035-1V4107 x2
External Network Adapter: TG-3468 V3
Internal Network Adapter: Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Power Supply: ZM500-LX

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021
Which Nvidia driver version have you installed? I'm wondering if that could be the culprit as I updated mine to 496.49 a few days before everything started. I have downgraded now and will see if that helps. Otherwise maybe a broken Windows update.
I have another Windows image that uses a corporate (older) Win 10 version, there everything runs fine. So it has to be a software issue.

nvidia driver is 496.49
new one just went availiable, ill upgrade and see if it still does that <Mod Edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 13, 2021
nvidia driver is 496.49
new one just went availiable, ill upgrade and see if it still does that <Mod Edit>
I have yes.
Now I have installed Windows 10 LTSC 2019, I will try with it, since there are no latest updates there, and it will be easy to draw a conclusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 18, 2021
I have yes.
Now I have installed Windows 10 LTSC 2019, I will try with it, since there are no latest updates there, and it will be easy to draw a conclusion.

I also got the same issue after the Windows update.
I updated Nvidia driver and also disabled .net framework task and so far it seems ok. If the BSOD comes back, I will just uninstall the update.
In the mean time, if anyone's interested, try disabling the .net framework task

1. Type Task Scheduler on the search bar and double click Task Scheduler Library to expand it.

2. Choose Microsoft > Windows > .NET Framework accordingly from the scroll down menu.

3. Choose .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical triggered when Windows 10 computer is idle and right click to disable it.
Most likely, it will show disabled as default but then it's only because the system isn't idle.

4. right click on that .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical

5. select Properties -> Triggers Tab -> select "on idle" trigger and click Edit button on the bottom

6. The Edit trigger window will pop up and on the bottom there's "Enabled" box. Just uncheck it and click OK.

I will post again if the BSOD comes back

Nov 13, 2021
Older/newer Nvidia driver did not change anything, still BSOD.
A new Windows update came out today: "Functional update for Windows 10: Version 21H2". Since then, i could not reproduce the behaviour, so no blue screens anymore. I hope that fixes it for good..

gardenman

Splendid
@Skymit
@mic007
@AJ Song
This thread is for TriTheBot's issues. You can advise or help him/her here, but for your own issue, you should have your own thread. Thank you.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/windows-10.13/post-thread

BSODs are caused by hardware and/or drivers. BSODs are rarely the same between two different PCs. Even with the same hardware, most of the time they have different drivers / software with drivers.

Reactions: Colif
Nov 13, 2021
@Skymit
@mic007
@AJ Song
This thread is for TriTheBot's issues. You can advise or help him/her here, but for your own issue, you should have your own thread. Thank you.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/forums/windows-10.13/post-thread

BSODs are caused by hardware and/or drivers. BSODs are rarely the same between two different PCs. Even with the same hardware, most of the time they have different drivers / software with drivers.
Sorry, it just seemed to me that our problem is common.
I believe that we can solve this together, or at least understand what the reason is, and act accordingly :)

Nov 13, 2021
I also got the same issue after the Windows update.
I updated Nvidia driver and also disabled .net framework task and so far it seems ok. If the BSOD comes back, I will just uninstall the update.
In the mean time, if anyone's interested, try disabling the .net framework task

1. Type Task Scheduler on the search bar and double click Task Scheduler Library to expand it.

2. Choose Microsoft > Windows > .NET Framework accordingly from the scroll down menu.

3. Choose .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical triggered when Windows 10 computer is idle and right click to disable it.
Most likely, it will show disabled as default but then it's only because the system isn't idle.

4. right click on that .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical

5. select Properties -> Triggers Tab -> select "on idle" trigger and click Edit button on the bottom

6. The Edit trigger window will pop up and on the bottom there's "Enabled" box. Just uncheck it and click OK.

I will post again if the BSOD comes back
Thanks!
Guys, I have been using Windows 10 LTSC for the second day and have not experienced any problems, so we can conclude that this is indeed due to Microsoft updates.

Nov 13, 2021
Older/newer Nvidia driver did not change anything, still BSOD.
A new Windows update came out today: "Functional update for Windows 10: Version 21H2". Since then, i could not reproduce the behaviour, so no blue screens anymore. I hope that fixes it for good..
Day 2 with the newest Win 10 update and no more BSOD. So I would guess they fixed it then.

@mods: Same BSOD message as OP, same address offset where it crashed, same day it started. Concidence? I don't think so.

Nov 13, 2021
Day 2 with the newest Win 10 update and no more BSOD. So I would guess they fixed it then.

@mods: Same BSOD message as OP, same address offset where it crashed, same day it started. Concidence? I don't think so.
The update helped me, but I completely reinstalled the system to November and now everything is fine as before.

Nov 18, 2021

The Task scheduler made the BSOD comes back later although rarely
but the update definitely fixed it for me. It's Day 2 without any issue so far.
Thanks

Nov 13, 2021
Update from my side:
The BSOD have returned and the newest update did not change anothing. Another parallel Win 10 LTSC edition installed on the same PC still runs fine without issues though. So it must be software related, I just can't find out what causes it...
Apparently, others are also experiencing the same BSOD at the same address. There are also other forums referencing the BSOD address first time in early November. Some examples:
https://www.reddit.com/search/?q=3f72a0

Nov 27, 2021
I also have a problem with this blue screen somehow from the beginning of November, it's a disaster, a new laptop bought 3 months ago. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe + 3f72a0. At random times during an ongoing game, sometimes after 5 minutes, it may throw up, sometimes 2 hours and 0 problems. Windows 20H2, rtx 3060 mobile, i7 113070h. After formatting my laptop and not updating windows I didn't notice this error, 20h2 seems to be broken

Nov 13, 2021
Update from my side:
The BSOD have returned and the newest update did not change anothing. Another parallel Win 10 LTSC edition installed on the same PC still runs fine without issues though. So it must be software related, I just can't find out what causes it...
Apparently, others are also experiencing the same BSOD at the same address. There are also other forums referencing the BSOD address first time in early November. Some examples:
https://www.reddit.com/search/?q=3f72a0
Try to reinstall the clean distribution with the November update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS