My system:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
CPU cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 2
MB: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus
RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 3200 MHz 2x16 GB
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 3070ti OC
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 750
Main SSD: Kingston A2000 1TB
SSD 2: Crucial 500 GB (Don't remember model)
HDD: WD 500 GB (Note none of the last two are used since autumn 2023)

Since autumn, I have experienced several crashes and BSOD with either "MEMORY_MANGEMENT" and "SERVICE_EXEMPTION..." followed by a quick reboot hence why I don't have any codes for the BSOD.
Usually following the BSOD my PC won't boot into Windows. The debug LED is on at the RAM led. Usually a swap of the sticks or reseating the CPU helps and the PC boots.
Around November I started to experience crashes in CS2 with the error which states something like "pak1.vpk file is corrupt". And usually leads the game needing to verify or reinstall.
First thought was bad RAM, but this is the 2nd pair of RAM that has had this type of error. Bought them a year ago, when the same LED started turning up with my old Corsair RAM.
I turned down the speed of the RAM to 3000 MHz to no avail. Reset the CMOS and it with default speeds but it has started happening again.
Both of the current sticks works as single slot Dimm, and runs with no problem. The issue comes more often when I have them in the A2 and B2 slot. Tried my old dimms in the 4th slot with the same LED coming on.

The I suspected the CPU, but none of the pins are bent as far as I can see.
Tried adjusting my cooler, which has worked for a short time. But the issue started again this week.

When the issue arose this autumn I reinstalled Windows to not use any of my other SSD or HHD. Using only my NVMe SSD.

I can boot with one stick of RAM.

So can anyone tell me; Do I have bad RAM for the 2nd time? Is my motherboard / CPU socket / RAM slots bad? Or is it a problem with my CPU?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Both of the current sticks works as single slot Dimm, and runs with no problem. The issue comes more often when I have them in the A2 and B2 slot. Tried my old dimms in the 4th slot with the same LED coming on.
If your rams work on a donor platform, similar to your AM4 Ryzen 3000 series platform, without a hitch, it could very well be an issue with your processor's, Integrated Memory Controller(IMC).

You could likewise drop in another known working processor onto your motherboard and see if the issue reciprocates.

Jan 13, 2024

If your rams work on a donor platform, similar to your AM4 Ryzen 3000 series platform, without a hitch, it could very well be an issue with your processor's, Integrated Memory Controller(IMC).

You could likewise drop in another known working processor onto your motherboard and see if the issue reciprocates.
The BIOS version is the latest 7C56v1F.

I will try dust off my old Ryzen 1600x tomorrow see how it goes.

Jan 13, 2024

Changed out to my old 1600x. The system booted up right away, with two dimms in. So that points to the CPU having problems.

Trying some tests ATM to see if everything is stable.

Don't have another system to try the RAM sticks on. But might have been a CPU issue.