Random bsod, then windows repair loop

Oct 17, 2018
Hey!

I have a very odd problem with my system. Let me start from the beginning:

I dont really use my PC anymore but I had some time so I decided to play some GTA V
I've noticed some stuttering, every 10 or so second my fps dropped drasticaly for 10seconds, from about 60fps to 3-4fps, which didnt change when I lowered the graphics, it was the same on every setting... All bacground processes killed, no malware/viruses I made sure, but still it happened again.
I decided to do a full fresh windows reinstall, after that and installing the proper drivers and setting up the system it was kind of flawless, but.. Then came the random blue screens, so I took apart my pc reapplied thermal paste on the cpu, did a full clean, dusting. Reinstall windows again, the same thing occured, so I switched to a different HDD installed windows again. I could play a game for about half an hour then it welcomed me with blue screen and then it would just simply restart, blink the windows icon for a second, then restart to repair mode and say it couldnt be repaired, restarting resulted the same repair mode loop, then I reinstalled windows again and thats where I am at the moment. My cpu, gpu temps are average, nothing seems out of the ordinary...What could cause this? It only happens when I try to play games with advanced graphics...

My specs are:

Asrock 960gm-vgs3 FX
Amd fx8320e
Radeon rx 460
2pcs kingston ddr3 ram

Oct 17, 2018
I've ran the memtest, for a full hour, until it said 'pass complete, no error' ot continues the test though, does this mean its not the problem causing these events?

Oct 17, 2018

Everything is stock, I have never overclocked my hardware. There is a thing called 'X-Boost' in my boot screen if I press X it activates it, its a feature for my motherboard, when I activated that, my windows just blue screened on boot

Oct 17, 2018

500W PSU it is kind of new.

I have installed an older win 10 build and not its stable, can run games and stress cpu and gpu aswell. I dont know why the newer win build would cause these things but now it seems to be fixed. Probably some driver issues. Thank you for your help!

To any future readers: If you experience these things, always try an older build of windows if everything you've tried, failed. Saved me a trip to the shop.