Random BSOD with different errors on WIndows 10.

AlbinoCerberus

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Hello Tom's Hardware forum!

I built my own PC about 10 months ago (shortly after the GTX 1070 came out), and since then I've randomly been getting the blue-screen-of-death on it. It's happened probably 50 times, often out-of-the-blue;
- Immediately after boot-up
- While running medium resource games
- General low-resource web surfing
- Once even just sitting on the desktop with no apps running.

I had been writing the errors down on a pad, but unfortunately i seem to have misplaced it. I know I've seen at least 8 different errors, but unfortunately i don't remember specifics. I'm pretty sure I've had all of the following at least once:
- MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
One time I had one with no error message at all.

It had been happening a lot in the first month, but has been significantly less frequent (but still occasional) since.

I happenstance came across a post today that mentioned the BlueScreenView application, and that's what triggered me to finally make this post. It seems to have record of the three crashes that happened in May, but nothing before that. That said, I have no idea how to read or interpret it to solve my BSOD issue.

BlueScreenView Crash 1
BlueScreenView Crash 2
BlueScreenView Crash 3

I'd really appreciate some help with this issue, as I have no idea even where to begin. I don't know what information you guys need in specs or whatever. If you need anything I haven't provided, just ask and I'll do what I can.

Processor: Intel Core i7-5820K
Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS (MS-7885)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

I'm running an installations of Windows 10 from a drive that was moved over from a previous computer. I believe I had to run a Windows 10 repair in order to get it to recognize the new hardware. It's possible this may be an issue with the OS installation.

Between this being an issue from day one, and also my rig having a custom water-cooling loop, there's a non-zero chance that my motherboard has a minor doa issue, or that i shorted something when I was filling the water loop. :\

Thanks in advance for the help :)
AlbinoCerberus

Solution
You better perform a clean installation if you didn't with the hard drive.
You can't just move a hard drive to another system without wiping it first, the OS has all configurations for the old system, moving it to another system without wiping will cause problems.
You better perform a clean installation if you didn't with the hard drive.
You can't just move a hard drive to another system without wiping it first, the OS has all configurations for the old system, moving it to another system without wiping will cause problems.

Solution