Question Random computer crashes while under load.

Sep 17, 2020
Hi all, I am writing this thread as a call for help. Over the last couple of days, I have been on an endless search to find a solution as to why my PC keeps crashing/freezing/shutting down while playing heavy load games like MW, R6, and GTA V. This does not happen in other small games like Minecraft, Terrarria, CSGO, and Valorant, or even normal computing (googling, doing schoolwork, etc). At first, the most obvious issue was overheating, but after monitoring my temps for both my GPU and CPU, I noticed that both didn't even go past 80 C. After that I attempted many things. Here are the many things I tried in an attempt to fix what was happening:

Using only 2 sticks of RAM in slots A2 and B2, no results.
Lowering graphics in the heavy load games, no results.
Connecting the PC directly to a power outlet instead of having it connected to a surge protector, no results.
Buying more fans for more airflow, no results.
Updated BIOS, no results.
Checked loose connections (no loose connections), no results.
Uninstalled iCue software, no results.
Installing newer GPU drivers, no results.

I have asked in different forums where I received many solutions, many of which have not worked, and Event Viewer does not give me any important information regarding the crashes. I am lost. I have tried everything I know and everything that was suggested to me. I don't know what to do next, it seems that whatever I try, I just end up in a dead-end. If anybody with more experience with troubleshooting can help me, I would be more than grateful for the help.

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler, No OC)
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8Gbs (No OC)
RAM: 4 Sticks 3000Mhz 8Gbs Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (No XMP) - Total 32Gbs
Mobo: ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
PSU: CX 750W 80 plus bronze
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (250 Gs)
HHD: (Don't remember specifics) 1 Terabyte

Edit: I must add that all of these parts are 1.5 years old. I bought all of these over a year ago and things worked fine until a few months back when the crashes began.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020
Did this problem just start?
Is is crashing out of the game, or a BSOD/restarts-your-computer type crash.
Did you try the OTHER 2 sticks of RAM only? (90% of the time crashes are because of a faulty stick of RAM)
The problem has been happening for quite some time, but now that summer is coming to an end and temperatures are going down, I have no reason to believe its overheating anymore.

It literally freezes my computer which forces me to forcefully shut it down or the computer just completely shuts down, screen goes black but the lights in the pc remain, which is weird. Some times if there's sound playing the moment the crash happens, a continuous crash-like sound of that very sound can be heard. Ex: Crash-like sound of a gunshot can be heard repeating itself over and over till PC is shutdown.

Yes, the crashes still happen when I tried all the RAM sticks separately.

Austin_55

Reputable
Jul 15, 2016
I am having almost the exact same issues currently. My issues started to arise when I upgraded certain components within my system. Upgraded PSU and no change. After doing more research it looks like its either an issue with my CPU or Motherboard. Reset your motherboard to factory bios or clear your CMOS and let me know if that helps!

Sep 17, 2020
I am having almost the exact same issues currently. My issues started to arise when I upgraded certain components within my system. Upgraded PSU and no change. After doing more research it looks like its either an issue with my CPU or Motherboard. Reset your motherboard to factory bios or clear your CMOS and let me know if that helps!
Unfortunately, this did not work. Thank you for the help, however

Sep 17, 2020
Hello all, this is probably my third thread regarding this issue. To briefly summarize what has been going on: A few months back my pc started shutting down completely (crashing) when playing certain games like R6, GTA 5, and Modern Warfare. At first I thought it was overheating since it was summer and my room got hot, but now that the temperatures have went down, I've ruled out the possibility of it being overheating (I have more reasons why its not overheating which I'll mention ahead). This issue does not happen in other games, only in heavy load games. I have tested the RAM for any errors using the memory diagnostic tool and there were no errors. I have stress tested both my cpu and gpu. They both didn't go over 80 C, gpu maxed out at 75 C. However, no crashes during the tests. Here's a list of other stuff I have tried:

Using only 2 sticks of RAM in slots A2 and B2, no results.
Lowering graphics in the heavy load games, no results.
Connecting the PC directly to a power outlet instead of having it connected to a surge protector, no results.
Buying more fans for more airflow, no results.
Updated BIOS, no results.
Checked loose connections (no loose connections), no results.
Installing newer GPU drivers, no results.

It seems like my PC only crashes when I play my heavy load games. I don't know what could be the cause of all this. It could either be the motherboard or the PSU, but I can't just buy a new one and still have the issue happening to me. I don't know what else I can do. Event Viewer only tells me the PC shutdown unexpectedly and nothing more. At this point I feel like I am at a dead end. I really need major help here. If someone with more experience could help, I would be more than grateful for it.

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler, No OC)
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 GTS 8Gbs (No OC)
RAM: 4 Sticks 3000Mhz 8Gbs Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (No XMP) - Total 32Gbs
Mobo: ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
PSU: CX 750W 80 plus bronze
NVMe M.2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus (250 Gs)
HHD: (Don't remember specifics) 1 Terabyte