Question Random crash to desktop since new mobo/gpu?

May 4, 2019
A few weeks ago I received my system back from the company that built it, It had been in for repair due to a faulty motherboard & GPU so were replaced. Ever since I've had the system back, I've had crashes during games at any random point, It won't happen in menus and no applications like Chrome, Photoshop etc crash. It's happened in Overwatch, Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4 and GTA V.

The only thing I can see that is different is my GPU temperatures, I'm running a RTX 2080 XC which is constantly hitting 83c and above even when the fan speed is set to 'Aggressive' or 100% but even then surely that wouldn't be causing them to crash?

CPU temps seem to hit below 70c at all times, ambient temps are 17c/20c so shouldn't cause any issues.

Can anyone offer any help here in ways that I can possibly troubleshoot the error? I'll list my spec below.

Case: be quiet! Dark Base 700
CPU: Intel i7 8700K
Motherboard: ASUS Strix Z390-E
RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 XC
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB
PSU: Corsair RM650i
Cooling: Corsair H150i

Can you define the type of crash please. Any error messages? If it simply crashes to desktop without warning, this is a sign of instability either for cpu or ram. Load BIOS defaults and see what happens.
P.S.: This is why i would never buy a pre built. An undoubtedly gaming rig that can't play games

May 4, 2019
fan working on the gpu?
using a water cooler for the cpu? did they have the fan pulling hot air in, instead of out?
sure you don't want to just return it and build your own?
Can you define the type of crash please. Any error messages? If it simply crashes to desktop without warning, this is a sign of instability either for cpu or ram. Load BIOS defaults and see what happens.
P.S.: This is why i would never buy a pre built. An undoubtedly gaming rig that can't play games

Both fans are spinning on the GPU, even with a set fan curve it makes no difference.

I believe the cooler is pulling hot air in but being pushed out of the front of the case.

I'm unable to build my own system due to a disability.

There haven't been any error messages aside from Overwatch, saying it failed to connect to the render device. But, nothing else shows any errors. Given that the GPU is brand new I'd find it hard to belive its this when nothing else shows signs of a GPU issue.

It's not actually a prebuilt but parts I have chosen and the company built together for me. I've never had any issue like this with their systems previously. They're usually perfect.

May 4, 2019
if they pull hot air in, the gpu would be hot, return it. buy it from a company that know what they are doing.

Yes, It's pulling in hot air but It's not THAT hot. I had my old system and 1080 setup this same way and never saw anything over 68c with my GPU. Now this RTX 2080 is at 85c constantly. I don't think It's anything temperature related.