[SOLVED] Random crashes after installing a new NVME M.2 SSD and replacing a CPU cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladislava

Prominent
Dec 3, 2018
Hi! I'm new to PC building and I know only basic concepts. Anyways, 2 days ago i've installed a Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 SSD. After that I realised that both 5 and 6 SATA ports are not working (my HDD was connected to SATA 5), so I had to connect it to another port (it was SATA 2). To do that, I took the GPU out, connected the HDD to SATA 2, and installed the it back. I think I somehow damaged the GPU because the next day after playing games for a while the computer crashed. One time the screen went completely black and I had to restart my PC twice in order for it to work again (BIOS was showing up though). One time it was the blue Windows error screen. My PC is fine as long as I don't run any "heavy" games such as Rust or RDR2. Maybe the problem is in my SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply. I regularly use CPUID HWMonitor to check temperatures and voltages, and that's what I saw after another crash:
Ys2CuNt.png

Here are my specs.
It never happened before.
Oh, and I also replaced the stock cooler with the one I have on my PCParPicker list on the same day.
Thank you.

UPDATE: I decided to run a AIDA64 stress test for GPU and local disk. After 7 or so minutes my PC crashed with a Windows blue error screen that read "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" and the cause of the problem was dxgmms2.sys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.