Question Random frame drops

Dec 4, 2019
toshiba sattallite-L355-S5372
SKU: PSKFUU02T003
updated to WIN10 from WIN8

Having random frame drops and slow performance /stuttering (randomly too). This includes playing league of legends, playing super smash bros melee via emulator, and watching Seinfeld or using Spotify while emulating. All things the laptop can handle. Also , the wireless adapter randomly stops receiving signal.

I've recently received this laptop from my mother, and she had a ton of viruses ( which i removed) and then a wipe/reset to factory.
The issue is persisting; frames will drop by any random amount or even all the way to 0 frames. Even typing this thread, the Task Manager says Microsoft Edge is using "High Power".

things ived checked:

• Ive updated the drivers and the installed all windows updates.
  • Checked CPU temps ( 45-80 ) (Load 0-60 )
  • updating BIOS ( already latest)
I know that's not much info, but ill answer any questions to the best of my ability.
What would be my next step? Do you think its bad hardware?

thank you all

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
By upgrade, did you perform an upgrade this PC method or a clean install of the OS? If the latter, which version of Windows 10 are you on? Did you manually download and install all the drivers meant for your laptop in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

People say they are on the latest BIOS, what we'd like to know is which BIOS version you're currently on?

Have you performed any hardware upgrades to the laptop, like a ram upgrade with mixed sticks of ram?