Random frames drop

John Adamo

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I used to have high frames 250+
Now i have 100-150 i have no clue why.
Any ideas? I noticed it while playing LOL and i had 5-40 fps. I don't get it. Could it be a blown cpu core. Something wrong with the gpu? Could i have a virus?
Thanks for any help.

Do you have a monitor that can show 250 FPS? Now consider this. Asus recently made news because they released a monitor that can show 165 FPS. Which means the monitor is running at 165 Hertz.

Almost all monitors run at 60 Hertz. Which means that 60 of those 250 frames could be shown, and the rest were nothing more than wasted energy. Your power company said to thank you for that.

Now as to why it slowed down, you might have turned on Power Saving schemes in Windows. Or you might have used something like Afterburner to change the speed the video card could run at, and either set it too high, or lowered the speed it can run at.

Or there might have been a patch that changed the game.

Lots of possibilities.

Viruses normally do not affect your video card. I'll never say never. But I would be very surprised if what you are experiencing is a virus. But now that you have brought it up, are you running a good antivirus program? Good Antimalware program too?