[SOLVED] Random freezes and BSODs keep happening

Jan 31, 2020
(Doing my best to get this message up quickly for fear that my PC is going to BSOD on me again)

Hello everyone. I am currently trying my best for figure out why my near 6-month old PC keeps giving me BSOD and random freezing issues.

For the past several days, my PC has been crashing randomly with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes it will crash when I'm playing a game. Sometimes it will crash when I'm watching some streamers on Twitch.TV while using Firefox. And sometimes it will just crash while it is completely idle!

Some of the BSODs I have gotten will include: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION w/ win32kfull.sys as the failed module, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR .

So far as I check the internet for solutions, all the guides available for correcting the situation include...

*Update windows 10
*Update your drivers
*Run memory diagnostic
*Run disk check
*Disable overclocking
*Run System File Checker

And i have basically did all of this to various degrees and still haven't found a working solution.

I have updated windows 10 with the latest patches
I have uninstalled both my Nvidia drivers and Realtek audio drivers using DDU before reinstalling the driver to the latest version.
I have ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Test and found no issues
I have ran CHKDSK several times and found no issues
Even though I have never attempted overclocking on this PC yet, I have reset my BIOS settings to make sure that there was no overclocking set.
I updated my motherboard's firmware to the latest version.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled all Intel HDD software made for my motherboard vis MSI's official support page.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek and Nahimic software to their latest versions.

As suggested by another user, I have tried using DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command to fix corrupted files and found no issues.
Also suggested: I tried running sfc /scannow to search for corrupted system files and found no issues.

-----------------

My currently PC build:

Operating System -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU - Intel Core i9 9900K @ 3.60GHz
RAM - 32.0GB
Motherboard - Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B17) (U3E1)
Graphics - AORUS AD27QD Monitor (2560x1440@60Hz) + 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (MSI)

Storage
223GB Crucial_CT240M500SSD1 (SATA (SSD)) - WINDOWS 10 INSTALLED HERE
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00Y6A0 (SATA )
167GB INTEL SSDSC2CW180A (SATA (SSD))
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA )

Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Power Supply Unit
EVGA 850 GQ 80 PLUS 850 Watt Gold Power Supply

---------------

Here is a link to my recent crash: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oex7odidq3gadkw/013020-26468-01.dmp?dl=0

According to WhoCrashed:

On Fri 1/31/2020 1:04:57 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\013120-42328-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (0xFFFFA928BAA8D1C9)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFA928BAA8D1C9, 0xFFFFE6077BFAEF80, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\win32kfull.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Full/Desktop Win32k Kernel Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

---

I will post more details regarding my issue, but for now I am going to post this up now and get the discussion started before I get another BSOD again!

Last edited:
Solution
Well I think I figured out what was causing my PC to BSOD like crazy... It was a bloody windows update!

One other user had the same problems as me!

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/evhx7b/is_update_kb4532695_safe/fg8900g/

If you are on Windows 10: Do NOT download this update! If you have this update and are experiencing problems, remove it IMMEDIATELY!

Trying to uninstall the update was a pain. It would just...

Diddly

Distinguished
For one thing, try gaming with no other apps running (no browsers or apps minimized/hidden as just icons in the task bar). See if it still happens as frequently. I've had issues with chrome and/or BOINC causing BSODs - I've stopped running those and the BSODs have pretty much gone away for me.

Reactions: Mikedot
Jan 31, 2020
Update: Just had another crash today. This time with hardware.sys. Happened out of nowhere while just browsing my PC files.

---

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. This system is not configured for complete or automatic crash dumps. For best results, configure your system to write out complete or automatic crash dumps. Select Tools->Crash Dump Configuration from the main menu to configure your system to write out complete memory dumps.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Fri 1/31/2020 2:29:48 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\013120-44000-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF803792F92ED, 0xFFFFF6863BF8F598, 0xFFFF8180D617B930)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Fri 1/31/2020 2:29:48 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys (hardware)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF803792F92ED, 0xFFFFF6863BF8F598, 0xFFFF8180D617B930)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
Google query: hardware.sys SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

hardware.sys

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

---

Latest crash dump: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzg46foyvm5valf/MEMORY.DMP?dl=0

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020
RAM - 32.0GB

Memory part number and/or link to it?

G.SKILL Sniper X Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GSXKB

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232709?Item=N82E16820232709

Sorry for the late reply. I recently decided to just reset my PC to see if the BSODs would stop. But I just had my first BSOD since Friday night. This is starting to get very frustrating for me.

---

On Sun 2/2/2020 8:00:45 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x8052C)
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFF8484B7EE5290, 0x8A0000014A4009E3, 0xFFFFF1856810F460, 0x3)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
This may be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. Memory corruption can also occur because of overheating (thermal issue). There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 2/2/2020 8:00:45 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020220-20875-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ucx01000.sys (ucx01000+0x16945)
Bugcheck code: 0xFC (0xFFFF8484B7EE5290, 0x8A0000014A4009E3, 0xFFFFF1856810F460, 0x3)
Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ucx01000.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: USB Controller Extension
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
This may be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. Memory corruption can also occur because of overheating (thermal issue). There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.
The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
---

Jan 31, 2020
Does anyone have any possible ideas? Despite resetting my PC and swapping my OS drive to a brand new SSDs, I'm still getting random blue screens. I keep getting different blue screen errors and have no clue what the root cause could be. I have attempted so many different methods to try and correct the situation but nothing is working. I'm losing too many days of productivity and play time at this point.

Did microsoft have an issue with a recent OS update that is causing these blue screens? I never had so many problems like this five months ago. Also the BSOD errors are so different nearly each time that it's hard to pinpoint any culprits.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020
Well I think I figured out what was causing my PC to BSOD like crazy... It was a bloody windows update!

One other user had the same problems as me!

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/evhx7b/is_update_kb4532695_safe/fg8900g/

If you are on Windows 10: Do NOT download this update! If you have this update and are experiencing problems, remove it IMMEDIATELY!

Trying to uninstall the update was a pain. It would just refuse to be uninstalled. So I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to try and remove it... And ended up causing my PC to go into an infinite safe mode boot loop, which forced me tor resetmy PC for a second time.

Needless to say, I kinda hate Windows 10 now.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS