[SOLVED] Random GPU clock and memory clock spikes

Androoi

Prominent
May 24, 2020
Hello! Recently I've been experiencing some sort of issue with my GPU. Even when idling, the GPU Clock and Memory Clock speeds spike at random times. As I've seen the spikes also occur when opening the task manager. Also, for a very brief moment after opening the task manager, the GPU % load is at strangely high levels (sometimes 20%, sometimes 50%+) and it quickly drops to the usual 0-10%. At first I thought it could be a malware issue, however after running loads of scans and clean-ups recommended by someone on the Malwarebytes forum, he assured me that it's not a malware issue. There was some sort of bitcoin miner that was successfully removed. This is how the issue looks like: View: https://imgur.com/a/uBn4lSD

As for the troubleshooting I've already tried: reinstalling GPU (GTX 1650 Ti) drivers (also switching between the studio and gaming drivers), tweaking the GPU power settings from the Nvidia control panel, uninstalling/reinstalling GPU Tweaks (also checked with MSI Afterburner) and recently reinstalling the Windows. I am currently running Windows 11 Pro (Insider Build), version 22H2, OS build 22610.1, Experience Pack 1000.22632.1000.0 on a Lenovo Legion laptop w/ Ryzen 7 4800H CPU and 16GB of RAM. It might as well be a Windows 11 issue that needs fixing. Please let me know if there are any logs/test that I should provide.

Solution
Lenovo Legion laptop
Can you please mention the SKU for your laptop? You can try and use your laptop's serial number in Lenovo's support page to pull up a support page bespoke to your laptop. Check to see if you have any BIOS updates pending.

If you suspect it's an OS issue, opt out of the insider program(you're essentially a guinea pig for their bugs), backup your mission critical content off the laptop, recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and try reinstalling the OS.

Lutfij

Titan
Lenovo Legion laptop
Can you please mention the SKU for your laptop? You can try and use your laptop's serial number in Lenovo's support page to pull up a support page bespoke to your laptop. Check to see if you have any BIOS updates pending.

If you suspect it's an OS issue, opt out of the insider program(you're essentially a guinea pig for their bugs), backup your mission critical content off the laptop, recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and try reinstalling the OS.

Solution

Androoi

Prominent
May 24, 2020
Update. After a chat with a Microsoft rep, It does indeed seem to be an issue with this version of Windows 11. I was quite sure this would be the case but I was hoping there would be some sort of solution for it. Thank you for your help.