Question Random HYPERVISOR_ERROR and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
Hey. Recently, I've gotten two seemingly random bluescreens out of nowhere and I don't know what's causing them. One is a HYPPERVISOR_ERROR bluescreen and one is an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreen. Here is the HYPPERVISOR_ERROR bluescreen minidump and here is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreen minidump.

I have absolutely no clue what caused those two bluescreens. For the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreen, it just said that the process "svchost.exe" was the cause of the bluescreen which implies that a service caused it but I don't know which service caused it. For the HYPPERVISOR_ERROR bluescreen, it didn't even tell me any details about what caused it. It just told me that the process name "System" caused it. I tried completely uninstalling Hyper-V from my computer and not have any virtual machine application background apps and services running, but I still get these bluescreens. Can you please help me fix this?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have latest BIOS? results from dump don't show any system information which often happens on old BIOS. What AMD chipset are you using? Updating the chipset drivers could help with Hypervisor errors... maybe

What are specs of the PC?

i can't say I see Hypervisor errors a lot either

Results

File: 090122-13687-01.dmp (Sep 2 2022 - 09:47:27)
BugCheck: [HYPERVISOR_ERROR (20001)]
Probably caused by: ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: System)
Uptime: 7 Day(s), 23 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File: 082422-12265-01.dmp (Aug 25 2022 - 09:09:34)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: NETIO.SYS (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 15 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

I would say error 2 caused by LAN drivers. NETIO.sys is used by WIndows to talk to network drivers
I would download Win11 Auto Installation Program (NetAdapterCx) from under windows header here: https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
Or do you use WIFI?

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
Do you have latest BIOS? results from dump don't show any system information which often happens on old BIOS. What AMD chipset are you using? Updating the chipset drivers could help with Hypervisor errors... maybe

What are specs of the PC?

i can't say I see Hypervisor errors a lot either

Results

File: 090122-13687-01.dmp (Sep 2 2022 - 09:47:27)
BugCheck: [HYPERVISOR_ERROR (20001)]
Probably caused by: ntkrnlmp.exe (Process: System)
Uptime: 7 Day(s), 23 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 59 Sec(s)

File: 082422-12265-01.dmp (Aug 25 2022 - 09:09:34)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: NETIO.SYS (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 15 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

I would say error 2 caused by LAN drivers. NETIO.sys is used by WIndows to talk to network drivers
I would download Win11 Auto Installation Program (NetAdapterCx) from under windows header here: https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software
Or do you use WIFI?
I have the latest BIOS version and the latest chipset driver version installed on my computer. I also use Wi-Fi because my router's located far away in another room from where my computer's at. There's a chance that I might've gotten that IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreen because I'm currently seeding thousands of torrents through a BitTorrent client that I have installed on my computer.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC? As I can't tell from the dumps. I can guess some things based on drivers.
Do you have an AIO? Which Corsair one?
Asus motherboard, AMD one.

could run this, might be newer Intel WIFI drivers - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

scarlet crush can cause errors but i doubt it be hypervisor. its the drivers used for PS3/4 controllers, and some Xbox controllers.

Could be a clue that BIOS isn't showing. might be a conflict that is causing the hyperv errors.

ConorDuey2000

Commendable
Dec 21, 2021
what are specs of the PC? As I can't tell from the dumps. I can guess some things based on drivers.
Do you have an AIO? Which Corsair one?
Asus motherboard, AMD one.

could run this, might be newer Intel WIFI drivers - https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

scarlet crush can cause errors but i doubt it be hypervisor. its the drivers used for PS3/4 controllers, and some Xbox controllers.

Could be a clue that BIOS isn't showing. might be a conflict that is causing the hyperv errors.
Here are the specs for my computer.
computer-specs.png

Also, I do have the Scarlet Crush drivers installed on my computer, but I've disabled all of the services for it. I also have VMWare, but I've disabled all of the services for it, as well, and I've also disabled running "VMWare Tray Process" on startup in Task Manager.