Question Random micro-freezes and stutters

cattecattecatte

Prominent
Sep 27, 2021
Hello there! For a while now I've been having some problems with an occasional stutter on my system, characterized by my audio skipping a beat and my mouse freezing for a brief second. While this isn't a major issue and I've done well to just kind of ignore it for the most part, I worry that it may be linked to some kind of hardware degradation and I feel it may be prudent to identify the issue at some point. This issue has also been around since before I upgraded to Windows 11.

I don't know too much about troubleshooting hardware, so I wanted to come here and ask if there are any good software recommendations that I could use to monitor my setup for irregularities and hopefully, eventually, identify what the problem could be? And of course, if anyone has any ideas as to the cause of my problem, I'd appreciate any help and advice. Thank you!

My system specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
RAM: 16GB
MB: ROG Crosshair viii hero (wifi)
GPU: NVIDIA geforce gtx 1070 Ti

maarkr

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2012
I'd like to follow this cause I'm having some small, glitchy mouse (stuttering and failure to click-drag all the way) in Win 11 since I upgraded recently... I loaded latest mobo drivers, logitech drivers, SSD drivers... most everything else seems to function well. If you use Realtek audio, you may try loading the latest drivers for that cause I know they changed recently with Win 11.

cattecattecatte

Prominent
Sep 27, 2021
I'd like to follow this cause I'm having some small, glitchy mouse (stuttering and failure to click-drag all the way) in Win 11 since I upgraded recently... I loaded latest mobo drivers, logitech drivers, SSD drivers... most everything else seems to function well. If you use Realtek audio, you may try loading the latest drivers for that cause I know they changed recently with Win 11.

I do use Realtek drivers, although I do appear to have the most recent version of them. All my other drivers appear to be up to date as well.