Question Random packet loss only on games

Sep 14, 2023
When I play games I have packet loss during random matches, for example I can play normally without packet loss in 3 or 2 matches and the other matches I will have packet loss. How can I solve this problem?

If it really is only on games then the problem is not likely a true network issue it is likely some strange issue with the game client or even video drivers.

Pretty standard test. Run a constant ping to your router IP. If you are running on ethernet you will almost never see packet loss. If this is fine run a constant ping to say 8.8.8.8. This will test the internet connection for data loss. You could also ping the game servers but sometimes they are rigged to not respond to real ping commands. 8.8.8.8 is a google dns server that is duplicated in many cities so you should always get good response from it.

Sep 14, 2023
If it really is only on games then the problem is not likely a true network issue it is likely some strange issue with the game client or even video drivers.

Pretty standard test. Run a constant ping to your router IP. If you are running on ethernet you will almost never see packet loss. If this is fine run a constant ping to say 8.8.8.8. This will test the internet connection for data loss. You could also ping the game servers but sometimes they are rigged to not respond to real ping commands. 8.8.8.8 is a google dns server that is duplicated in many cities so you should always get good response from it.
How do I do the ping test?