[SOLVED] Random PC crashing after upgrading CPU and MoBo

deanfullert0n

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Hello,

I recently upgraded my MoBo and CPU. Since then I have been getting random crashes, something it takes me to the blue screen and restarts, sometimes it just crashes and I need to hard reset. It's very hard to test as there doesn't seem to be any real trigger.

I have already tried reinstalling windows to no avail.

The parts I upgraded:

MoBo: Gigabyte H310M DS2 2.0
CPU: Intel i7-9700k 3.60GHz
RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 4GB

Other parts:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
I don't have a crystal ball, but I would venture to guess you have a driver problem of some kind. The blue screen of death usually has some information, that's where you start. Google whatever error code it give you.

Also, to eliminate the possibility of a hardware problem, remove the memory sticks and plug them back in. You can do the same with the video card. If you don't mind messing with the thermal paste, do it for the CPU too. And also the power cables.

Since your CPU has integrated graphics, try running the system without the video card. Also, try using only one memory stick... do all the combination... in one slot, in the other, the other stick, in one slot, then the other.

Leptir

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
I don't have a crystal ball, but I would venture to guess you have a driver problem of some kind. The blue screen of death usually has some information, that's where you start. Google whatever error code it give you.

Also, to eliminate the possibility of a hardware problem, remove the memory sticks and plug them back in. You can do the same with the video card. If you don't mind messing with the thermal paste, do it for the CPU too. And also the power cables.

Since your CPU has integrated graphics, try running the system without the video card. Also, try using only one memory stick... do all the combination... in one slot, in the other, the other stick, in one slot, then the other.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS