[SOLVED] Random ping spikes until WiFi is turned off and on again ?

Dec 5, 2020
sometimes when playing a game i will randomly go to 300-400 ping. sometimes disconnecting and reconnecting to my wifi will fix it for a bit but sometimes it will spike again and sometimes it might not lower at all this only happens on my PC and i have good internet speeds and ping

Solution
If you are experiencing constant ping spikes every 30-60 seconds or so, it might be do to your WiFi trying to search for networks. Here is how to disable this feature.
in your windows command prompt, type in
netsh wlan show settings
and one of the last things might say
Auto configuration logic is enabled on interface "Wireless Network Connection". if that's the case, then type in:
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wireless Network Connection"
It should respond with
Auto configuration has been disabled on interface "Wireless Network Connection".

Note: if that doesnt work, instead of "Wireless Network Connection", it may be "Wi-Fi" for you.
Dec 26, 2020
If you are experiencing constant ping spikes every 30-60 seconds or so, it might be do to your WiFi trying to search for networks. Here is how to disable this feature.
in your windows command prompt, type in
netsh wlan show settings
and one of the last things might say
Auto configuration logic is enabled on interface "Wireless Network Connection". if that's the case, then type in:
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wireless Network Connection"
It should respond with
Auto configuration has been disabled on interface "Wireless Network Connection".

Note: if that doesnt work, instead of "Wireless Network Connection", it may be "Wi-Fi" for you.

Solution