[SOLVED] Random pixels and screen flickering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2019
After advice from another forum, I downloaded MSI afterburner and attempted to change some of my graphics card clock settings to fix another program not running however afterburner didn't seem to accept any input and no changes seemed to have been made. The changes I attempted to make were to reduce the GPU clock and memory speed. I have since used GPU-Z to confirm that all my graphics card settings are set to their defaults.

Programs running on my graphics card have since started displaying strange graphics as shown in the image. Random flickering miscolored pixels as seen well in the bottom left of the image and glitchy looking bars as seen towards the top right flying around the screen.

The pixels and glitches do not appear when using my CPU integrated graphics. I have tried uninstalling afterburner and reinstalling my graphics card drivers.

I am using an Acer Aspire 5 A15-52G Laptop with;
NVIDIA MX130
8Gb ram
Intel Core i5 8265U

Solution
I am sorry to inform you that these are signs of a dying GPU. The downclock you wanted to do was the only thing to make it last a bit longer but since it does not let you, your only other option is to replace it (IF it's possible since it's a laptop).
I am sorry to inform you that these are signs of a dying GPU. The downclock you wanted to do was the only thing to make it last a bit longer but since it does not let you, your only other option is to replace it (IF it's possible since it's a laptop).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.